My Forte II's

PhilMays

I revently purchased a set of Forte II from a brother forum memeber here. Let me just say, I am BLOWN AWAY with the sound reproduction of these little MONSTERS.

The bass is absolutely UNREAL. I am driving these with a vintage marantz 2385 reciever and I find that I have to turn the bass down a bit just to listen.

The detail I have been missing with three way speakers is unbelievable. I am now in a quest to get a good CD player as I have a very good Denon MK 2800 II, but feel I can do better. My turntable is in the shop for repairs and I'm going full steam.

I would be interested to hear what others think of these compared to say Herseys, Cornwalls, and Choras.

Thanks

Phil

great news...I can't compare Heresys to Forte' IIs BUT I can from Heresys to Quartets (Tractrix) and feel they are near identical to HEresys WITH more bass...enjoy, I cannot believe the amount of bass in Quartets...can't even Fathom the bass in the Forte'...one day I will get to hear the Forte' ...enjoy!

Bill

I own a pair of Chorus II speakers and use to own a pair of Forte II and had them in the same room together. I turned a good friend on to my Forte II so he could enjoy them. I love these speakers. They both are amazing. They sound a lot alike with the Chorus II having bigger sounding bass because of its bigger woofer. I read here on the Klipsch forum all the time how much people love the Cornwall speakers and especially their bass. I've never heard a set of Cornwalls. I find it extremely fascinating how much bass everyone says the Cornwalls put out with their horn designed woofer being used as a direct radiating driver. I find that to be all so very cool! I can't wait to hear a set someday. Mr.PWK was a genius!!! I'd really enjoy hearing how the Cornwall bass compares to the Chorus bass.

I've heard that as well and simply can't imagine more bass. I think these Fortes have as much bass as more RF-7's. However I feel the RF-7's could handle more "input" and deliver more "output".

I am now very interested in the crossover upgrade!

What I like about these Forte II's is their small foot print at big sound! I am amazed EVERY SINGLE TIME I play these now!

I honestly was going to go with a set of B & W's on my 2 channel set-up as I really like their sweet sound and design for most of them....Now I doubt I ever will.

Phil

Hi Jay,

What difference could you tell with the crossover upgrade from Chris. I had this done on my RF-7's and RC-7 which I could tell some difference.

Thanks

Phil

Phil if you can afford the xovers from Chris get them you won't be sorry. In short this is what I heard.

They cleaned up the overall sound from top to bottom, everything became clearer, cleaner, and a little tighter. If you think they have alot of bass now, wait till you hear them with the xover upgrade. They sound so much larger than they are and did before, it's hard to put into words. They are and have a larger than life sound to them now.

Jay

• 4 weeks later...

I'll throw in my .02 here Atheis. When I bought my Forte II's I auditioned them next to the Heresies, because they were cheaper and I was curious. There is no comparison as stand alone speakers. The Forte's are really that much better, due to the size, the tractrix mid, and the far superior bass extension.

Hi Jay, I'd be appreciated if you can tell me a little bit more about the comparison between Heresy & Forte II? I want to get one or the other, but don't know which to choose, thanks.

To be very honest with you there is no comparison between these two, the Forte' II is like a Heresy on steroids. It blows it away especially in the bass department. With the Heresy you almost need a subwoofer, with the Forte' II you almost need to turn the bass down. Get the Forte' II you will be glad you did, I went as far as to upgrade the xovers in mine and that took them too another level.

Jay

You guys don't think the Mid range is too strong on Forte II's ?........ It's all a matter of opinion anyway, some will like them, some will not, if you own them, they are best ....... and if you have never heard Heresy's on Tubes, you don't know what your missing, atleast for the sake of comparing the two .. if you are just talking about Solid State power, the Forte II's win hands down, on Tubes, Heresy's will give them a wicked run for the money ........

The mid-range is where we live,[/quote ]

But at what level ? I've had here La Scala's, Forte II's, Heresy II's, Cornwalls, and have heard a couple of Khorn set-ups, but to my ears, none had the MID RANGE that the Forte's had ............ Even on Mac gear driving the Fortes I would turn up the Bass to soften the MID's ...... That's not the Gospel, it's just my opinion of what I heard with my ears ............... Of course a Forte owner thinks they are best, what else would you expect one to say ????

I'm pushing these Forte II's with a Vintage Marantz 2385. This unit has seperate Treble, Bass, and Mid controls. I do turn the mids back to soften the impact! I do find it depends on the CD though. Every CD I put on I have to re-adjust these levels due to the speakers sensitivity.