favorite / best restaurants in nyc?

funkyhambone

Carnagie Deli (7th Ave) is worth one visit just just to look at the place. Deserts are wild.

Churrascaria Platafoma is one of our favorite stops. One of the best Brazilian style in the USA. Not sure if they still have two, the Broadway one has a little better service I think. Maybe a bit older. The Tribeca one is more intimate maybe. Tho I doubt that's the right word since they both have the gauchomen with meat on a split. Try a caipirinha if you never have. Not exactly like they are in Brazil, but they taste good.

I'll hunt up the name of the place where we LOVE the osso bucco and veal parmesan. Wife makes better osso to be honest, but their Veal P hangs off the plate, is thin and the best.

Sparks Steakhouse. I had one of the best meals of my life there when we were wined and dined by Oracle Corp. as they tried to sell us some software back in the late 90s. The meal, including 2 $1,000+ bottles of wine, cost almost 4 grand. You obviously don't need to spend that much (there were 10 of us) and I promise you won't be disappointed! Also, it used to be a known mob hangout and became famous when the head of one of the "families" was shot and killed there many years ago.

http://www.sparkssteakhouse.com/

The only memorable restraunt I went to during my one-and-only NYC vacation (July 4th long weekend, 2004) is a place whose name escapes me... Food was fair but expensive (for breakfast) but included a show: Aspiring broadway actresses/actors serve and stop every fifteen minutes or so and break into song.

It was a 50's themed place at the top of the theatre district IIRC (47th street maybe? I really don't know Manhatten geography) with bobbysoxers and greasers, and a fair sound system.

Not sure if it's still there (I bet it is), but I always liked Luna in Little Italy (on Mulberry St near Canal). It's a dive Italian place that serves your wine in a short little juice glass, and the food was great.

every time i go to little italy i eat at a place called cafe napoli. there are two right next to each other but i don't go to the one on the corner, but the one next door. i'll keep an eye out for luna.

thanks.

The only memorable restraunt I went to during my one-and-only NYC vacation (July 4th long weekend, 2004) is a place whose name escapes me... Food was fair but expensive (for breakfast) but included a show: Aspiring broadway actresses/actors serve and stop every fifteen minutes or so and break into song.

It was a 50's themed place at the top of the theatre district IIRC (47th street maybe? I really don't know Manhatten geography) with bobbysoxers and greasers, and a fair sound system.

i have actually been to that place. my mom and aunt like to be entertained. it was interesting, but the food typical diner.

i am looking for quality food. i am a growing boy.

Carnagie Deli (7th Ave) is worth one visit just just to look at the place. Deserts are wild.

Churrascaria Platafoma is one of our favorite stops. One of the best Brazilian style in the USA. Not sure if they still have two, the Broadway one has a little better service I think. Maybe a bit older. The Tribeca one is more intimate maybe. Tho I doubt that's the right word since they both have the gauchomen with meat on a split. Try a caipirinha if you never have. Not exactly like they are in Brazil, but they taste good.

I'll hunt up the name of the place where we LOVE the osso bucco and veal parmesan. Wife makes better osso to be honest, but their Veal P hangs off the plate, is thin and the best.

i have been to carnagie deli. i got one of the most ridiculously overloaded sandwiches i have ever seen.

i have not been to the brazilian place.

i am a HUGE fan of veal, so please get back to me on that.

The wife and I were in NYC just before Christmas and some true Italian

friends of our's, who are life long residence took us to their favorite Italian

restaurant.

Carmines

www.carminesnyc.com

We ate at the one in the theater district and it was fantastic. You must try

the stuffed artichoke appetizer.

If you like Jazz check out the Blue Note Jazz Club. Food was OK, music was

great.

rigma

Jim,

I'm 1-1/2 hours from Manhattan. If you'd like to get outa NYNY for a spell, you'd be welcome to come out to my place. You could take a break from the hotel and the restaraunt food scene and relax in a home and have a homecooked meal [:D] . You could also see the Teak Cornwalls we talked about a couple of months ago. If you thought your friend would want them, I could ship them to you in the CW Vault 'cuz I'm the current custodian. You could also take a look at the CW cane grills I have that we talked about swapping for black.

• 2 years later...

Point Break is announcing their special offers during all of the games of World Cup Soccer to all the soccer fans of NY.

* Open for all the game

* First Match on June 11th starts at 10 AM & all others at 7.30 AM

* Serve breakfast for the early games.

Special Offers:-

$4 Bud Light/ Coors light.

$4 margaritas and well drinks.

$3 Natty light and keystone light cans.

$8 24 oz Coors banquet.

$10 domestic mini boot &

$22 96oz Boots.

Also showing:

All the 2010 World Cup Soccer Games Live at Point Break Restaurant

Lets cheer your team to create a new history!!!!

Point Break NYC

12 West 45th St

New York, NY, 10036.

T. 914-645-8820

http://www.pointbreaknyc.com/