Speakerfritz Left me thinking about something ?

dtel

• Moderators

dtel is old like me, he don't even need a tweeter. Just toss a K-400/K-55 up there and use an iPod.:)

I think I am older,....... hey maby I should just put a little light up there instead of a tweeter to tell me when the tweeter would be doing something. [;)]

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

o......... There was a manifold called a KM-4 (or K-M4) which basically allowed 4 k-55's to be bolted to a 2" format horn. I have a set of these and they are an interesting piece of work. But anyway, cut a plastic k-401 in half as a few folks have done and put a manifold on it with 4 k-55's and I think the balance will be there. The top end used 5 pizeo tweets. .......

Some of these parts were listed on the Los angles CL last week ...... Colterphoto identified them as ....

"The Klipsch units are MSSM (10" K41 into straight horn), MSM 4xK55 into manifold and K240 horn, and MTM 5x piezo tweeters."

LA CL Link

Not sure if they are still available or the condition .... no affiliation ...yada .... yada.... FYI

• Moderators

So it ended up being an A or AA crossover for the K33 or k43 and K400 horn with BC tweeter ?

G. Kennedy, it was you who got me thinking about speakers for outside, with your desert story, and pic's of the LaScalas outdoors. [;)]

So it ended up being an A or AA crossover for the K33 or k43 and K400 horn with BC tweeter ?

Yep.

Now there isn't a lot of postings regarding the K43. Not sure how close "electrically" and "acoustically" it will behave behind a Type A. I bet it would be fine.

jc

• 2 weeks later...

This is a stereo setup three way with an MWM-s, K400/k55 and CT-125 tweeter.

What woofer? If a K33 or crites woofer, then this will be a snap...but what a Joy.

I listen to this type of setup every day. Dtel, you should call me!!

I have 2 sets of MWMs bins (4 total) on top of each other. I'm using one set with K33's (the older Klipsch ones, like Bob Crites new ones) AND K-43's.

I'm using a LaScala on top above 120 hz, active Xover. There's no reason why one coudn't just use a AA network and hook up an MWM bin instead of a LaScala bottom.

Or, with just run the MWM without a choke, let the mass rolloff get you to almost 700, and just use the treble section of the Heresy with different taps on the autofomer and extra capacitance on the mid to bring back the shift in Xover point..........for now.

Sorry I meant K 33 or Bob's.

Yep...those would be fine using a Type A.

jc

I agree, since using K-43's give about 4-6 db more output over K33's. I'm using 2 stereo amplifiers (twin Hafler DH-22's to be exact) with attenuation potentiometers on the line input of the K33's. For the highest outputs/lowest distortion, the K43's are the way to go for outdoor use, but I like the K33's for home use, as they extend the bass a few Hz. on the bottom and are smoother between 70-120 Hz.