Roller Blocks under speakers?

sberger

• Moderators

I can picture the "real" party as it progresses.... after about beer #6 or so (or earlier if we get out of hand...), my wife and dtel's wife come out grab us by the ears and shut us down. We wake up later with our roller balls where our eyeballs are supposed to be.....Wink

I think we could get past #6 for sure.[:P]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

if you want to try these buy 3 ...since buying 4 would only work if the floor was perfectly level....if the floor was perfectly level..you wouldn't need them.

Now there you go Speakerfritz, adding common sense to a thread about something that is not eligible to be understood with common sense. [;)]

Do you guys like your Snake-Oil room temperature, or heated up alittle ???

Easy sberger the guys are just pokin' fun at you, so much make your stereo better stuff out there, it's hard to tell what works and what doesn't. Just because it's posted on a Forum, doesn't mean it's true .... bottom line, How Much Does it Cost ?

I was tempted to try to write a longish piece explaining the notion of rigidly coupling objects versus decoupling them, in order to examine the affects of the transmission of vibrational and acoustical energy transmitted by both conductive and radiative means.

But rather than to spend all of that time and energy, its fascinating to read of how the forum moderator cited first found great benefit to tightly coupling objects with tiptoes, only to become even more enamored with decoupling objects through the focused contact points afforded by a round objects rather than by pointy objects. And it reflects ideas that routinely surface here on this forum, where there is just enough information for an idea to seem so plausible, but where little sense of context and a closer examination often fail to tread...

But let's cut to the chase and put all of this into context.

Minute vibrational movements of the speaker enclosure which result in extraordinarily small group delay errors are seen to a bane. But significantly offset acoustic origins (and if we are using Heritage speakers) that can be measured in feet, are not considered of greater significance.

To ignore elephants in the room only to chase the equivalent of 'sub-atomic particles' is a fascinating hobby, but I would suggest a wasted effort if real demonstrable gains are the objective.

One can certainly spend money on whatever magic cure they may desire, but may I suggest taking a step back to examine and establish a hierarchy of real problems that would benefit from modification. Then examine the various options addressing the major issues first. Basic best practices in triage would suggest dealing with severe bleeding before addressing a hang nail.

Besides, Marshall has a real issue on is hands....

Switch to priority address interleaving as we redirect all power from non-critical systems to the hypertransport as we modify the latency of the buffer management system!

Besides, Marshall has a real issue on is hands.... Switch to priority address interleaving as we redirect all power from non-critical systems to the hypertransport as we modify the latency of the buffer management system!

It's that pesky buffer management system.... I'm out of that roll of ion free acoustically absorptive duct tape you sold me last year to make them bad boys stop dancing around on top of the amps due to the transmission of vibrational and acoustical energy transmitted by both conductive and radiative means. It's a real pain, but hey, man's gotta' do what a man's gotta' do..... [:P]

• Moderators

" Lil' chrome ones??? or big brass ones??BeerAngel "

It would take giant brass ones to waste money on this, and even bigger ones to write a glowing review, or maby its just you need more money and [bs] than brains ?

I think all the " air " and " transparency" they are hearing is in between there ears.