College Hoops ........

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

My question is can you fire a coach out of disgrace and them salute him like a hero?

He was fired because of conflicts with the adminstration at the time (which is now twice removed) and pressure from the national media. Only a handful of locals and students wanted him gone. That's how you get a salute after being fired. [:)]

I lived in Bloomington for 5 years toward the end of his career there. He was like a stern father that you both loved and feared. Perhaps not healthy, but that's how it was. And we loved basketball. To this day I have a hard time watching IU play because I get too emotionally involved. And I rarely get involved with sports... at all. It's weird.

To this day I have a hard time watching IU play because I get too emotionally involved

Amy, for perspective, this is how it is in Ark. All we have is the UofA & we talk it year round depending on the sport, including spring sports. Sad perhaps but true.

here's a link to the bracket: http://www.nationalpost.com/380144.bin

Well, the winner of Indiana vs Arkansas will play #1 seed NC. (well, that's assuming NC get by #16 seed Mt. St. Mary's / Coppin St)

The number one seeds are NC, Kansas, UCLA and Memphis.

Anyone expect a different final four? There does seem to be alot of parity. Could be some surprises.

Six SEC teams at the big dance. Any other conference exceed that?

• Moderators

Well, the winner of Indiana vs Arkansas will play #1 seed NC.

Ugh, I hadn't caught on to that yet. Maybe Purdue will do well. The only time I root for Purdue is when the are in the tournament and not playing IU. [:)]

Nolan Richardson won basketball in '94

That's who I mean't ............. tough remembering all the old names ........... I remember the Razorbacks runnin' and reboundin' like no tomorrow, Richardson was a good coach .......

Those 8 Big East Teams are good ............. tough division, big Conference, 2 seperate divisions ...........