Why???

jimmy4300

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Ugh, let's not get into a PC/Mac war here. We have enough useless arguing over opinions as it is [:)]

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with Safari. It is no secret that we are not completely pleased with the latest upgrade of the forum software, but currently, we are at the mercy of the software company we have chosen. We have been assured that many concerns will be address in the next upgrade, which we are patiently waiting for.

Our webmasters *could* spend a lot of time hacking into the software to make everyone's wishes come true, but all their work will be erased when the next version is implimented, so they have chosen to focus on the more urgent tasks of the day (including the Jamo, Energy, Mirage, and Klipsch internal, consumer and dealer website redesigns). Unfortunately we have only 2 web programmers on staff, so you can imagine they are a tad busy.

I understand it's frustrating, but I kindly ask you to be patient. We are aware of the issues and are doing all we can to address them.

By the way, I use Firefox as well, and I couldn't be more happy with it. [:)]

Yet another example of why I'll never understand why people insist on abusing themselves by using Macs instead of a regular PC...  Next thing ya know, people are going to start talking about using tubes in amplifiers again...

You want abuse. Come here fella, and I'll show you some abuse. Wow, Some people????????

Well, I'm not really complaining. I don't mind having to use HTML. Heck, for a while here, I couldn't even do that!

Danny, yes, I type that. Actually, I only use the "less than" P "greater than". The forum inserts the one with the slash. I would use Firefox, but I'm too lazy (and need that extra exercise that typing gives me).

Here's a handy list of useful codes, with a little intro into HTML.

I use Opera, so I'm in the same predicament. I have to insert explicit commands for line breaks, etc., and inserting URLs is a real pain.

For others in the same boat, here are a couple of basic commands. Be sure to include the < and > symbols.

For a line break, type <BR>.

For a new paragraph, type <P> before the first word and </P> after the last word.

For lots of other commands, go to: http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_primary.asp.

Greg

Yep

Works

Thanks

• Moderators

I'm thinking of changing my default font, so I can stand out like the evil moderator that I am.

What do you guys think of this one?

Or is pink too nice?

Maybe this one?

Sorry to completely hi-jack this thread. [:$]

• Moderators

Maybe the Purple, but NOT the Pink, please ! It Hurts my Eyes..............

Hmmm....maybe that could be my motivation for choosing PINK!! You guys aren't supposed to like what I have to say, necessarily [:)]

I do kind of like purple though...

I don't like the way Safari works in Leopard so I switched to Firefox and have had no troubles. Its hard to imagine going back to a PC for daily use......Ick. I also switched profile editor preferences which makes a big difference as well. I'm ordering a new powerbook this week [H]

• Moderators

IE should work fine, yes. I have it at home, and haven't run into any issues.

What problem are you having with it specifically? What content editor are you using in your profile?

Thanks!

I use FireFox at home as a lot of people more knowledgable than myself in such things claim that it has a lot less overhead than IE and is not as vulnerable as IE to being hacked. Naturally that may be as it's not hacked as much but it does seem to work fine.

I use IE at work and it too also seems to mostly work fine. Though sometimes I get html to input responses though it usually clears up if I reload or cancel and come back to respond. (repsonse window with <p> </p>. If that doesn't go away i just use basic html for small amounts of formatting.