Cornwall Capacitors

Bill H.

I have the Original 78 year Capacitors in my Cornwall's. Kevin Miller gave me New Capacitors with my Cornwall's.

I don't have any Soldering skills, how hard would it be to replace the Capacitors?.............

These are the NEW ones given to me..............

http://www.alliedelec.com/search/ProductDetail.asp?SKU=591-0490&R=591%2D0490&sid=47F2CC8071E3E17F

That's kind of interesting, current production GE motor runs -- we thought GE quit making them. Bob?

You don't need to solder at all, you can do the whole job with a crimper.

I don't think they would be current production unless GE started back making them again. Probably just some found somewhere and back on the market. Looks like they just have a few values.

Bob

I don't have soldering skills but when I built my speakers, I needed to solder the wires to the drivers, binding post, and crossovers. I searched Google for:

solder "how to"

I found some tutors but some bad ones where I still didn't get it, then a came across a video on YouTube that one guy has on there that was an excellent tutor on how to solder and explained it really well. I was able to teach myself from that excellent video he did. I did a few test soldering until I got it down and them did the soldering on the speakers. So it's possible to teach yourself like I did by watching that video on how to solder. Good Luck!!!

Oldbuckster:

I really don't agree at all on using the old networks. It's like putting bicyle tires on a Cadillac. I was never so happy

to get rid of the old garbage. I have two old 1965 K-horn stock networks at home I will mail to you for the cost of

the shipping, which with the cost of oil nowadays might be substantial. And by the way they do not function properly.

Confuscious says while trying to get out of quicksand: "Throw me a new rope, not an old one". Yeah, I just made that up.

JJK

Bill those caps were some I purchased from BEC a few years ago and never used them as I think I bought two sets at that time and gave one set to my brother.you should at least replace the caps and if you want to change the tonal balance then have dean or bob customize something for ya.I personally liked my corns with the mids knocked down a bit but ymmv

I really don't agree at all on using the old networks

I wouldn't use the OLD networks either, I got a new set of B-3's from Bob Crites ............ like them alot .... Now getting ready to get some of his super tweeters for my Cornies ............ Once you start, you never stop ............ EH !!!!!!!!