Who here uses a pro amp to drive his speakers ?

TheEAR

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredible,this thread is still alive ! [:o] [:D]

Well in this case ...in four weeks. I will have to compare my pro amps one by one with my Tenor Audio (not too fair at low to mid output levels these have simply no equal on acoustic muisc)to my "high-end" solid state. Compare...seriously.Just looking at the Tenor ampsmultiplies the Placebo effect by four !

Till then I will be building many cabinets for my upcoming subwoofer array. To give people an idea of its capabilities...with a mere 40W you will begin to hide under the listening chair from the SPL. And this array will be juiced my the pro amps I have purchased(~ 50KW...yes fifty kilowatts!)and twenty drivers.

Pics of the finished product will be posted in the subwoofer section.

People get wiser as they get older,I go more insane. [:P]

How & why do you rate a thread?

On the first page of a thread, on the top left hand side there is a box with stars in it. Click on how many stars you think the thread is worth. That's how, but as far as why, I can't help you there, I've never ranked one.

I am going to hire trained primates to rate all my threads FIVE STAR material. [:P]

Back to power amps...

So far I have to say I am very impressed with pro amps for most music types,save for acoustic where you have very quiet passages and where any fan hum/noise is distracting. The Crown XTi work quite well on mains,as do QSC's PLX2 amps.Next up the FaceAudio listening tests and the more capable QSC and Crown .

Quality pro power amps are not crude and caveman like like some would like many to think ! They cannot match tubes on horns and give you that delicious airy and spacious sound,but they do a great job in most sound applications. SQ is very high, price performance ratio sky high.

1. I've got a Crown K2 (two of them actually) and like them

2. I am a hooligan [:o]

3. I have nail guns and sanders [Y]

4. I did not rate your thread... they didn't have any fractional stars... [;)]

Coytee,

Crown K2...very good amp. Both for sub duty and full range use. Nail gun,none here...just a few sanders. Fractional stars...[6]

CECAA,

Thanks,I will mod my QSC's in the near future...read around speptember when I am fully finished with the GIANT sub array build and my second audio room is usable again and not a mess. Untill then,no quiet passages...

I found the guilty ...Bill H. and Bill Cain...who is next... Bill Clinton. I will remember to rate your threads the deserving way.

I gave you 5 stars, just because. BTW, I use pro amps. A QSC PLX 1202 for the office and Bryston 7B ST's (hey, they have rack mounts) in my main system.

I have no worries, your first name is not Bill...[6]

Pro amps do a great job, and Bryston's 7B ST ...these belong with no shame in a high end system. QSC PLX and PLX2 are more standard pro amps,still they are refined enough to enjoy music. [;)]