Don't Buy McIntosh

artto

they are good folks in Binghampton, N.Y. ............. THAT'S YOUR OPINION. THEY HAVE YET TO PROVE THEY ARE WORTHY OF MY ATTENTION AND MONEY!!!

Nothing is going to change your mind, you have a negative point of view, that's your problem ............... If you talked to mcIntosh the way you write, no wonder you don't get anywhere ................. Relax, take a deep breath, exhale .............. chill out !!!!!!!!!

Working with any company can be frustrating. I don't know how many nice old audio unit's I've got rid of because I couldn't find/get parts for.

I'm not taking sides here, but I've been dealing with McIntosh for over 40 years now. It's the ONLY company I know of that still supports their old models in any way shape or form. Most have a "Five Year" policy. Buy anything from Harman Intl and most of the time you're told it's no longer available.

You have to settle for used or "restored" for anything hard to find or not common.

McIntosh has ALWAYS given me great service at reasonable prices. But....I always deal with NY directly for anything I need for my old Macs. The exception being back in the early '70's when Mac had reps visit the better audio stores and you could get free service while you waited. That's always stuck in my mind and they repaired and re-tubed a couple of my old amps. FREE. I'm just glad there's still some good companies around to take care of their "faithful".

Best of luck getting your glass. It may take a while but at least you can still get it. I hope all finally works out for you.

Harry

"Why not make it out of polycarbonate?"

And have it scatch?

No thanks.

There must be some sort of high tech Space Shuttle material that would work. Oh well, maybe they use glass as a kind of "fuse," or weakest link. For some reason...

"Why not make it out of polycarbonate?"

And have it scatch?

No thanks.

How would it scratch? Car keys or thumbtacks?

Also PC can be coated with silicone to make it more scratch resistant. Glass scratches as well.

As far as Mac goes I have a great deal of respect for their legacy components but their current models pricing and performance seems less than musical from what was demoed at AK FEST.

I think you have that way wrong pines. I think he is a trader. Not sure if he is a floor trader or not, but he is a trader. A perfect job for manic depressives. Oh the swings! he also plays bass which is normally a steady type personality. probably needs the bass to keep him from going off the deep end.

I bought my first Mac equipment in 1968 as a college student, with a bank loan. Banker thought I was crazy but I paid my bills ( I put myself through college as a bill collector). I still own and use that equipment almost daily, along with other Mac bought over the years. The only ONLY repair was a glass face plate broken in moving from Dallas to Atlanta in 1985. It was the movers (1st class corporate move) fault and they paid without questuon. Yes, I had to wait 4-5 months to get the glass, BUT I GOT THE GLASS for that C26 and I can get it again if I need it.

The "MAGIC" of McIntosh: They fix what they sold 40+ years ago. The number of companies that still do that are a VERY short list which meets that type of criteria. The only one that comes to mind is Rolex watches (31 years) and that has been more necessary than for my Mac equipment. I too own a MX-130 and would ONLY part with it, if I can find a cherry C-39.

In my experience, three words express service or any project you have to complete: "Fast" "Good" "Cheap" Of those three simple concepts / words, when you (and/or your boss) learn to ACCEPT, that you ONLY get to choose two of the three words, life becomes much less stressful and you undersand economics and reality. Example: you can have "Fast" and "Good", but it will not be "Cheap"!

Rant / Lesson (you choice) over.

Mike

In this post artto gives his resume, in the third person, referring to himself as artto.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/31243/266585.aspx#266585

LOL. Didn't know I would be asked for a resume'.

For what it's worth.............

artto is an architect. artto also plays music professionally (part time). And artto also does some ‘pro’ recording of live concerts, does the mastering & CD production.

I think you have that way wrong pines. I think he is a trader. Not sure if he is a floor trader or not, but he is a trader. A perfect job for manic depressives. Oh the swings! he also plays bass which is normally a steady type personality. probably needs the bass to keep him from going off the deep end.

Whoa, there! But where'd you get this ----^