Let's Get Drunk and...

thebes

...play some music.

Yes, put down those prayer beads; add a little red to those clear eyes; walking in a straight line is for the work day; slur those words (they won't notice they will simply think you have some sort of foreign accent); belch if you want to;

tie one on

get a snootfull

chase that chaser

slam a few down

The suns over the yardarm, it's noon somewhere in the world and the workweek is done. Time to settle in, get blasted and drop the needle on whatever you dern well please. Sure you've been sober for 20 years, cleaned up your act and gone the straight and narrow. Well don't you deserve some sort of reward for all of that?

What's that? Of course you can crank it up! Need some volume to get through that fuzzy brain.

Should I put on that limited press edition in 220 gram vinyl that only six people in the world own?

What are you drunk or something! No you can't you fool. If you're playing records put on something you won't miss. If cd's use a cdp that won't mind a few potato chips in the mechanism. What are you a moron or just drunk and can you tell the difference.

Thebes you usually such a restrained circumspect individual constantly promoting wholesome family fun. What's happening?

Ok confession, those dern Twins have lit out for for Asia, something about bringing aid to cyclone victims. Sure they are United Nations Ambassadors or something-or-other but fer crying out loud tonight was supposed to be "French Maid Night" at the Thebes household.

So I'm getting pissed, slurping wine and spinning tunes. Right now I've got Cher on and am listening to "Bang, bang, she shot me down". Ain't that the truth times two.

So what's your poison and what are you playing?

Legal disclaimer: This thread is limited to those 21 years old and older. Never drive while listening to Cher. All participants in this thread will have $1donated in their name to the Liver Research Fund by Thebes Brewery Ltd.

.............I'm still hurtin'.......been a good boy though........ain't listening to Cher either. What could have compelled me to post.........at least I kept it clean.[:D]

Ran out of wine so I rooted around in the botom of a cubard and came up with this fellow called Napolean. Date on the bottle is 1811. Hope it hasn't spoiled.

Slurp, sip, not to shabby, reminds me of the 1968 vintage of Mad Dog 20/20. Note to myself, work on my taste buds.

A little Howlin Wolf:

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer

No I ain't seen my baby since the night before last

Gotta get a drink man I'm gonna get gassed

Gonna get high man I ain't had enough

Need me a triple shot of that stuff

Gonna get drunk won't you listen right here

I want one bourbon, one scotch and one beer

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer

DRINK
-- Mark Gauthier

Chicken TV dinner