Scott owners using phono, please help

I have recently downsized (but not downgraded [:D]) my system and picked up a 299 from a fine gentleman on the forum. I am going to add a turntable to the system from Bluesboy, also on the forum. I was wondering what cartridges would be good to try. Am a little confused by the inputs. 1959 was a little before my time.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Spongeworthy I am not 100% sure, but I think you need a MM cartridge with that phono. Craig at (NOS VALVES) would be the one to answer this question, I am using an AT MLa 440 with my Scott 299. I think MM was the only game in town back then, OH YEA!!! you can also use a moving iron cartridge like Grado.

Jay

I used a Dynavector 20X High Output on my table with my Scott and it did well. I liked it a lot.

I cannot remember the back of the Scott exactly, but I do remember different inputs for the output of the cartridge. They were nothing like todays High/Low values. IIRC I tried both and not much difference.

I believe it was Seadogs Scott that we listened to my Grado Platinum on at the Goat Roper in '05;-) Best to check with WooDog as he had his ears on those Cornwalls that night[:D]

I would think MM unless you have a good high gain MC then it's justy deciding how much you want to spend on a cart[:P]