Green Day live in my backyard

seti

Well almost but it sounds like they just finished the first set. I've been sitting in my back yard listening to Green Day play in the club right behind my house. The bar back doors are all open. I might as well be inside the club but that isn't likely as people were waiting in line starting last night at 10:30 and they were wrapped around the block by 4:00pm. I'm just surfing drinknig a beer and listening to the band at 70db - 85db measured outside. The back doors are about 40ft - 50ft away. I feel sorry for the ear drums in the club.

So for you math guys approximately how many dbs are they cranking in there. If I hated the band I'd call and make them close the back doors. Not a huge fan but they are sounding prety good.

Here comes the second set and it seems a tad louder.. No sleep till about 1 am tonight.

I'm just surfing drinknig a beer and listening to the band at 70db - 85db measured outside. The back doors are about 40ft - 50ft away. I feel sorry for the ear drums in the club.

So for you math guys approximately how many dbs are they cranking in there.

Ummmmm, 85db at your house, 50 ft away.

WAG; 100 db 1.5 ft away from door?

I'm just surfing drinknig a beer and listening to the band at 70db - 85db measured outside. The back doors are about 40ft - 50ft away. I feel sorry for the ear drums in the club.

So for you math guys approximately how many dbs are they cranking in there.

Ummmmm, 85db at your house, 50 ft away.

WAG; 100 db 1.5 ft away from door?

I was 50ft away from the back door of the club. I was sitting at a picnic table in my back yard. The band was probably 80-100ft from the back door or the club. I am guessing. They had a great sound guy as I could hear them clear as a bell. Still I couldn't tolerate that spl indoors.

Can you take a picture of your backyard and post it? Not sure I could handle that.

It is very frusterating at times. I fight with the club and zoning comission to get them to keep the back doors closed to keep noise polution down. They tried to get bands playing on their back patio but they are not zoned for that and it has stopped. I am not popular but they are bad neighbors. The worst is the new stream of emo bands.... barforama.

When I moved in I was surrounded by empty lots which I liked because I was fairly loud but not late at night. Last year a developer built some condos next door. This was a bummer at first but now I have neighbors to help deal with the club. I also hate long drives to work so I bought a home in urban area.

And a lovely home it is late 1800's Victorian. 10' ceilings, large rooms and dasre I say our favorite word out here......Heritage[;)]

I found it extremely funny when the placed the noise level sign outside Seti's front door when the club he mentions here is 5 times as loud as Seti[:o]

Britt told me she saw the line all the way around to your house and she did not know Green Day was playing but she did say the line had their collective grunge on[:|]

Ceilings are 11' to 12' : ) I get nervous with low ceilings.

You mean this sign outside my house....

DSC01903.JPG

By the way I read up on ordinance 18-52. The ordinance is a joke and unenforceable unless a cop moves in next door.

when i lived in coconut grove, FL. there were almost 100 bars in walking distance and no such signs. Now 8 months of the year I could have 130db in my yard and no one would notice or care. And sometimes I do,

(do gunshots count)

So for you math guys approximately how many dbs are they cranking in there. If I hated the band I'd call and make them close the back doors. Not a huge fan but they are sounding prety good.

The next time I go to one of those metal shows that I like to go to, I'll have to bring my SPL meter, just to find out how friggan loud it actually gets! I would not be surprised if it is hitting 115+ dbs. That is why I wear these (Etymotic ER-2 earplugs):

etyplugs-case1ta.jpg

To bad it has to be Green Day and now emo bands. Personally, I thought Green Day sucked (and emo sucked even more), but then again, that is probably just me. Be thankfull it isn't rap or hip-hip! [+o(]

The next time I go to one of those metal shows that I like to go to, I'll have to bring my SPL meter, just to find out how friggan loud it actually gets! I would not be surprised if it is hitting 115+ dbs. That is why I wear these (Etymotic ER-2 earplugs):

etyplugs-case1ta.jpg

To bad it has to be Green Day and now emo bands. Personally, I thought Green Day sucked (and emo sucked even more), but then again, that is probably just me. Be thankfull it isn't rap or hip-hip! Ick!

I saw Green Day in the early 90's at a small club. They were much better back then but most bands are better when they are hungry. That is the best they play in that club. : ( I do ned a pair of those.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up two pair of the etymotic ear plugs just before seeing Van Halen here in MI. They worked very well as they seemed to tame the highs a little bit and reduced the overall volume to a more tolerable level. I wear them when mowing the lawn too but they don't seem to cut down the lower frequencies of the engine as much.