Test CD to caibrate speakers?

peshewah

I'm going to buy a Radio Shack SPL meter this weekend so I need a test CD for dummys. I bought one on Ebay and it was called Pink Noise and I'm sure it would work fine for most people but not me. I'm not for sure on how to use it but I believe I need to isolate lets say the left main speaker and calibrate it. Then move on to the right main speaker and then center and so on. My problem is that I can't play only my left speaker unless I disable all my other speaker. And if I do disable all the other speaker and get my left main adjusted and then move on to the right main I'm afraid that I will lose all the settings I made to my left main. Confused? I am. I called Yamaha tech support and ask them how play out of only one speaker at a time and he told I couldn't(rather short with me). Anyway my question is, is there a test CD that will play out of one channel at a time and not all at once? I hope that made some sense.

• Moderators

What receiver do you have? Most receivers have test tones that play pink noise through each speaker one at a time so that you can adjust the level of each speaker. Have you looked through the menu on your receiver to see if it has this option?

You should only need a test CD to dial in the sub for hi-cut and phase. The receiver can put out its own test tones to match the speaker levels, which will get the sub in the ballpark, too, for level at least.

CECAA850, I think you suggested that to me along time ago. Will it do what I need it to do?

Either of the discs should do what you are looking for. They will send pink noise to each individual speaker. They will even help you confirm that all your speakers are in phase with each other.