Klipschorn Jubilee

Big Bean

I don't think Klipsch wants to build anything where you can't see the copper colored bass drivers. I think the Heresy II will vanish when their supply of drivers is used up. IMHO, I think the promise of manufacturing PWK's "heritage" speakers will vanish when he says his final farewell. I hope I am wrong.

------------------

L/C/R: Klipsch Heresy II

Surround: Klipsch RS-3

Subwoofers: 2 HSU-VTF-2

Pre/Pro/Tuner: McIntosh MX-132

AMP: McIntosh MC-7205

DVD: McIntosh MVP-831

CD Transport: Pioneer PD-F908 100 Disc Changer

Turntable: Denon DP-72L

Cassette: Nakamichi BX-1

T.V. : Mitsubishi 55905

SAT/HDTV: RCA DTC-100

Surge Protector: Monster Power HTS-5000

They will never ship another Klipschorn! It doesn't take that long to find replacement drivers (must not be a priority). There are enough Heritage tweekers on this board to re-engineer the whole line and do a fine job at it.

Give us more KCCC (Klipsch-Copper-Coned-Crap)! You replaced the KLF series with this junk? We've heard the words touting this KCCC, now give us the data proving that the aluminium cones are more rigid and less resonant.

Ed

Who want's to start up a new speaker company?

I'll build the cabinets. Others on this board can handle the networks and drivers.

We could also add the old Imperials and University bass horns to our line.

Q.

------------------

Q-Man

This message has been edited by Q-Man on 01-23-2002 at 04:25 PM

quote:

Originally posted by Big Bean:

In January 1999, in Las Vegas, Paul was on hand for the unveiling of the Klipschorn Jubilee.

Anybody know what happened to it?

BB

quote:

This three-way system allows the use of a fully horn-loaded, high output stage system in even the tightest of spaces. Many fully horn-loaded devices have been utilized as stage systems, however, they traditionally require up to five feet of space behind the screen. With auditorium space at a premium, the KPT-KHJ-LF, with its 24-inch depth, is the ultimate space-saving solution. Newly developed by audio pioneer Paul W. Klipsch, this dual 12-inch loudspeaker system couples the horn-loaded woofers with the KPT-XII 12-inch, horn-loaded, mid-bass device and the KPT-904-HF Tractrix® Horn to deliver extraordinary performance. The KPT-Jubilee Stage System is available with or without a mid/high passive crossover.

MSRP: $6,570 each

is that what you are talking about? it is still on the commercial - cinema section... can't find it on the Klipsch store

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>

Justin,

Nope, that's not the one their talking about. The "Jubilee" in question was sort of a Klipshorn version 2. A prototype was displayed a couple of years ago at CES. Paul hisself is supposed to be working on it. Prototype was also seen, heard, touched and drooled over by the crew that went to the Hope pilgramidge (?spell?) last year. Had a few reassurances from moderators over the past year that the project is still moving forward. Seems to be a two way non-cornerloadingrequired domestic speaker similar in concept to the pro version you referenced.

I doubt Klipsch is being disingenuous about continuing the Heritage line. Why there's been such a delay getting production ramped back up is a question that we've not seen a "real" answer to. One of the moderators (PhilH? BobG? don't recall...) said in a post back last fall that the Heritage line was definately moving back toward production, but wouldn't be released in time for Christmas of 2001, but sort of indicated it would be out sometime shortly after.

Hello, moderators, knock knock knock, anybody home?

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

Ray's Music System

welcome back to the boards Ray, it has been a while, no? How are you Biggrin.gif

So that is not the Jubilee yall are talking about... oh well. I find it amazing and uplifting (?) that my Paul Klipsch is still working to make Klipsch speakers better, talk about dedication.

I hope that the heritage genre of Klipsch does not go away because i someday would love to be able to purchase some, being 17 right now, it will be a while... Biggrin.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>

Mnedden---Here's a list of people who make high quality 1" throat compression drivers just off the top of my head: JBL, Radian, TAD, Selenium, B&C, RCF, PAudio, Beyma, Eminence And Plus One (the old Emilar). That's not counting the weird Japanese stuff like Onken, Sony, Goto and AEL or the stuff from China like Zamack. JBL, TAD, Selenium, PAudio, Eminence and Beyma also make horn tweeters. There are some Italian and German makers I missed, no doubt many others also. I think if they gave the job to DJK he'd have new Heritages designed in month, Hell, he probably has already for his own amusement. When I was in Hope in June the hi-fi Jubilees were ripped apart and not running, I got the impression they'd only the one pair on hand. I'm not holding my breath, well I wouldn't anyway, why wait for new Heritages, lots of other horn stuff out there at least as good. If you want good horns it's either old Klipsches or move on to something else.

Mdeneen--Don't know about PAudio (from Thailand) and Zamack but I think the others are prime movers. Some Japanese compression drivers I missed are Fostex and Yamaha, Fostex horn tweeters are said to be very nice, never heard'm though. Take a look at the HiFi-Do site from Japan to see some of the stuff over there we seldom or never see here. Link from my site. Very interesting, see what vintage American horns go for over there too, big bucks.

Yay.

The joys of finding a 13mm tweeter

replacement for a Sansui T-200 16 ohm 50mm

alnico radial horn tweeter.

Jensen Clone?

Hunt them down possibly in Japanese websites

or the main Japanese website for Sansui?

Babelfish doesn't seem to cut it, and I

can't seem to Email the Jpn Site.

Fun!

• 12 years later...