Best Front/Center Speakers for HT

FatesWarning

Hi guys,

I finally made it out to audition some new Reference and Heritage Klipsch speakers side by side yesterday. I was directly comparing Heresy III's and RF-83's for 90 minutes with 2 chanel audio CD's constantly switching back and forth. I liked the Heresy III's much better than the RF 83's for music based on several different types of demos. The RF-83's were harsh and lacking midrage and presence. They seemed to have more bass, but were clearly inferior in all other aspects to the H III's. I am buying a real nice sub so that is not an issue. The Heresy III's filled the room much better with a fuller sound as well.

I watch alot of movies in DVD, blu ray, HD TV, etc. Unfortunately, I was unable to test the Heresy III as a center speaker for movies. Has anyone compared the sound of a Heresy III to a RC-64, RC-7 in a home theater for movies? I've heard the RC-7 is fantastic and also popular. I listen to a 80/20 split between HT and music...mostly HT. My room is 3500 cubic feet, but open to foyer and kitchen, which puts it over 6200 if you consider all open space on my lower level.

Finally, I will move my 1977 Heresy's to the surround position, whichever way I go with the fronts/center. Here are some options for the front line-up: What is the best solution here for HT and specifically the center channel? Thanks.

1. 3 Heresy III's

2. RC-7, RF-7's

3. RC-64, RF- 63's or 83's

4. RC-7, Heresy III's

5. RC-64, Heresy III's

How much of a difference in sound quality would I get from these set ups:

3 Heresy III's up front, 2 Heresy I's in surround

1 Heresy III Center, 2 Heresy I's in front + 2 Heresy I's in surround.

5 Heresy I's.

Are the Heresy I's a close enough or decent match for a Heresy III center? If so, I could save some serious cash to put towards an HDMI receiver with the new sound codecs. I would like a Heresy III in the center for better quality vocals/dialogue as I watch a ton of HD TV, movies, blu ray, DVD concerts, 5.1, DTS, etc. However, they are so much more expensive than the Heresy I's. I'm not sure if the sound improvement justifies the money for all three Heresy III's in front. Thanks.

I bought a pair of Klipsch Heresy III's from a forum member today. Looking forward to the power lineup with 3 Heresy III's up front and 2 Heresy I's in surround. I noticed they have an option to bi-wire. How much of a sound improvement would I get bi-wiring? I was planning to use some $100 cables I bought from Tweeter in 2002. I can't remember the brand, but they are thick and grey..maybe DMX. If bi-wiring is better, can someone provide a link to cables. Thanks for all the advice.

• Moderators

That is going to sound great, will also sound great for 2 Ch music also ! Smart move with the Heresy lll's

Personally I would not bi-wire, and since I said personally...I would not go nuts on cables either !