Palladium Listening Party Take 2

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I believe Travis-g received the bookshelves first last week. Other than that, as far as I know, Damon is first for the center and 39F. Unless there is someone who bought them that does not post on this forum.

Damon's serial number is 3 so there are not many before his.

Just got back from listening to them. They sound better in Damon's house than what we heard in Indy. I can't wait till he gets them dialed in.

I can honestly say that I heard little details in the music I have not heard on my Khorns or other speakers. Very Impressive.

Its hard for me to describe sound in words. The sound is not Heritage. I would describe the large Heritage speakers as just that, sounding large. Sort of like an overall large presence in the room. These P39F are like a fine tuned surgical instrament in that they are very exact and very precise and deliver stunning clerity.

Next time I go over to Damon's I am going to take some more "hardcore" reference materal to listen to do more comparisons to my system.

Congratulations Damon [:)]

JM

The Palladiums will need a suwboofer if you want output below 40Hz....much like the Khorn really.

I think a sub is quite a bit less needed with K-horns than Palladiums.

put a powerful amp capable of supplying correct current and watch the palladiums light up. I own the RF-83 which i put a crown xti 1000 amp and the day I got it I forgot that I turned the subwoofer off (RSW12) and I went "Oh it was off" when I realized that it was not on the whole time... I have heard many klipschorns and I feel that the Klipschorn cannot go as low as the RF-83 in which should be ballpark of the palladium 39.

'Southern' and I had the good fortune to have a visit to Damons house scheduled, before he knew he was getting the Palladiums on Friday. We went to check out his Corwalls but instead got to see and hear the Palladiums. What a treat.

We didn't play tons of music but a few of the songs, I have listened to for many years. I heard things in those songs that I never heard before.....you didn't just hear the symbols, you heard the stick hit or bounce on the symbol. I'm sure it will sound even better when the calibration & placement tweaks are done.

Damon...nice theater, great speakers, great family.

Congratulations to Klipsch and to Damon.........(come to think of it me too, I got a new vertical Cornwall for a center channel!) [Y]

Papers within the owner's manual packet. I've got my very own anechoic chamber measurements and an hour of break in time. Serial #3!! (This must be #3 in the US?)

For those who didn't attend the pilgrimage: the various numbers for woofers and networks are some kind of "lot" system. If I someday replace a woofer or something, Klipsch would hypothetically go to their stocks and find a woofer from the same lot as mine and would therefore have the same metalurgical quirks or what have you and be a true match for my other woofers.

post-12530-1381939380818_thumb.jpg

I was one of the first 3 (along with JM and doobie2) to audition Damon's new Palladiums.

I was very impressed with the attack and detail that these speakers have. As doobie2 mentioned, you can not only hear how the drum stick hit the symbol but can hear if it hit in a different area of the symbol. Besides the sound the fit and finish of these speakers looks like they belong in a musuem.

It was a pleasure to meet John, Damon and Damon's family. Doobie2 needs to get his basement finished so I can hear his Cornwall setup.

Anyone looking for a great looking set of Cornwall II's should check out Damon's.

No, I got them positioned a bit better. They are too heavy to lift by myself & spikes make it hard to slide.

Beautiful speakers.

I have speakers that are 275 lb each and move them myself. Use the rollers until you get them exactly where they need to be (It may take a long time), then mark the carpet with tape. Move the speakers, install the spilkes and put back at the tape marks.