Klipsch Palladium at Georgia Home Theater Oct. 28

jwc

Georgia Home Theater (GHT) has asked me to recruit people to attend the audition of the Palladium line at their store Tuesday, Oct. 28. I believe he told me 6:30 pm. He also stated Klipsch representatives from the company will be there.

http://www.georgiahometheater.com/home.html

The location of the store is Northeast Atlanta outside the Interstate 285 perimenter.

Eric Joy is the manager and he and I stay in touch. He had told me a few months ago about the store getting them and now they are sitting in the showroom.

Basically, he will have the P-39F (Flagship) set up in a 2 channel room with top of the McIntosh equipment. The CD Player /DAC combo will be the MAC reference MCD1000/MDA1000. The preamp will either be the tube C1000 or C500. The amps will be McIntosh’s new MC2301 monoblocks (300Watts each). They will also play vinyl on McIntosh’s new turntable.

One of the other rooms will be the McIntosh top of the line HT setup with the Palladium series including subs. The amps in this system will be three MC501 monoblocks and an MC252.

I’m hoping I can get a confirmed number of people to attend. If enough people sign up, I may take the day off work Tuesday and Wednesday and you forum members can meet at my house before time for a “warm up” for the event. I may even provide a large transit vehicle.

If you come early and meet at my house, we can listen to McIntosh and Klipsch speakers at my house until everyone arrives. I have La Scala II’s and some Commercail stuff. My wife (Wendy) even offered that people can sleep here at the house Tuesday night. This of course would be a “campout” in my basement with all my electronics. I’ll even provide some food and beverages. So those who are really wanting to hear the Palladium series at their finest, this is an opportunity to hear them without spending a lot of money to travel…..if that is a concern. You just get here.

http://www.klipsch.com/palladium/Home.html

jc

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would love to come, just to provide support. Hearing them would be great too! [;)]

That would be difficult for me to make on a week night, but I will see if I can do it. You live too far out for me to get to your house first, especially since I am already north.

Bruce

Boy, isn't that confusing... Isn't this the same place that use to carry Klipsch (LaScala II's on display I think?) and stopped carrying them?

I was there once and while jawing around with one of the salesmen, I seem to recall him saying something about they decided to go in the direction of Wilson or something?? (they had some large Wilsons sitting there for something like $60K that we listened to.

Either way... good to see that they're carrying them.

I'm intending on being in Atlanta the weekend of the 4th and then also the weekend of the 18th as I recall.... hmm....

wonder if I can rearrainge some things....

• Moderators

I would love to hear the Palladiums in a home theater arrangement.

However, I have to be honest.....I was thrilled with the LaScala II's when I heard them at the Pilgrimage in Hope. Not only did they sound great....but they also looked great. I think they were my favorite!!!![:D]

BTW, I like what you did to your avatar!!!![;)] Very cool!!!![H]

I would love to attend, but Tuesdays 28th just won't work for me unless the event is earlier (over by 5:00) or later (after 9:00). I am a GHT customer, having bought a pair of B&W DM 602 S3s and my Adcom GFA-5802 from them, but fear that they continue to move too upscale for my wallet. Please keep us updated on the schedule, just in case I can make it work.

Rob

I would love to make it to that. And that place isn't too far from me and it's just down the road from my favorite Guitar Center, but it's a Tuesday so there's not a chance I would be able to make it. On a Saturday or early Sunday afternoon even, for sure, but no way since school's back in...makes me sad [:(]

You know, this thread is to gather people who might be interested in hearing the Palladiums. That is why it is "stickied" as an anouncement per Amy's approval. I'm doing my best (with my limited time as a working man) to gather as many people as I can to make this a great turnout for Klipsch.

If you have interest in hearing Palladiums and want another dealer to do it, then you take the time to work with the dealer to get it together. I will assure you, I won't come in and tarnish your announcement.

I'm sorry you were disatisfied with this dealer. They happen to offer me better personalized service than any other dealer I have worked with.

jc

jc,

I understand what you are saying, even if that was not directed at me. I must say that I really do appreciate you're efforts in spreading the word about this. I cannot say enough how much I wish I could be there. If there is ever another demo on a weekend, please be sure to let us know, and I'll definitely be there as long as my car isn't out of gas!

I am glad to hear they are going to be carrying the Klipsch line again. I purchased my RF-7 and Rotel electronics from them a few years ago. These are great people to work with and easy to get to. The last I heard they dropped the Klipsch line which was a disappointment for me because I was, and still am, thinking of upgrading to the LaScala's. In the meantime I have been trying to get a valid address for DeanG to get my crossovers on my RF-7's upgraded. My biggest complaint with the RF-7 is lack of depth and holographic imaging. The spot or point imaging is fine and the sound stage is huge top to bottom and left to right, but they just sound too hi-fi the way they are now. After listening to a pair of floor standing LSA and their integrated amp it really drove home the point of what I was trying to achieve, but missing with the RF-7.

Dayton

Dayton P. Strickland

daytonstrickland@email.com

I went to GHT this past weekend. They have the two channel room up and going. The surround setup with the Palladium line isn't setup yet. They do have the speakers in stock though.

Everything in these next set of photos will represent what will be at the show. But they will get an updated rack, new power conditioner and a different preamp. This one here is the McIntosh C1000. At the time of the event, it will be the C500 (tubed).

Damon, you are welcome to put any of these photos on your website.

jc

post-16499-1381941809914_thumb.jpg