2008 Volvo XC70

bhenry

My wife and I just leased a 2008 Volvo XC70. It is a beautiful car and it drives and rides very nice. The only problem is that we don't really like it. Let me explain.

We have driven Ford cars and trucks our whole lives (both fathers are retired from Ford) and have become quite fond of them. The Volvo is very different and European which we are not used to. It's not a bad thing, it's just different. Plus, we feel alittle uncomfortable driving a car like this. I'm an electrician and drive an F150 and the car we just traded in was my wifes Freestyle, which was the ideal car for us but they don't lease out very well at all right now. The car just feels too fancy.

We are trying to find someone to assume the lease on this car. It's a 3 year, 12,000 miles per year lease on a brand new 2008 Volvo XC70. The car is white with a tan leather interior, sunroof, heated front seats, climate control, all wheel drive......, pretty well optioned. It only has 400 miles on it as I write this (we do drive it daily) and is showroom perfect. The monthly payment is $435.00 (we already took care of the down-payment for you!) and you will need very good credit to qualify for this lease.

If anyone on this forum is interested or knows someone who might be please email me at " the-henrys@comcast.net " and I will provide all the information they need. The car is located in Southfield, Michigan and can be seen in person by appointment. Thank you.

If 72 hours have not gone by, or 3 business days, you should be able to go back to the dealer and cancel the deal..........

Don't feel guilty being able to drive a nice Car. Volvo's hold there value well and as you stated, ride nicely.

We now have a used V70 and are just getting around to kicking the tires. Other than AC resistor and blower, we are digging it OK. DIY The engine is the 2.4 fi 5 cyl. and accelerates well enough. Said to be a drivers car.

Have you made sure that the lease is assumable with no risk to you.....my sister in law did this and thought all was ok and when the person she leased it to defaulted, the lease company came after my sister in law ........3 month behind on payments, over prorated miles and, slight damage.....my sister in law got stuck for a settlement of 6K when all was said and done. She was lucky the total amount was about twice that......

It looked like the lease was asumable but she was still liable in the "fine print"

do your due diligence and have your lawyer look over the paperwork......

Why don't you give it some time to settle in...that is a really sweet ride ...why shouldn't you enjoy it!!!!

My wife and I just leased a 2008 Volvo XC70. It is a beautiful car and it drives and rides very nice. The only problem is that we don't really like it. Let me explain.

We have driven Ford cars and trucks our whole lives (both fathers are retired from Ford) and have become quite fond of them. The Volvo is very different and European which we are not used to. It's not a bad thing, it's just different. Plus, we feel alittle uncomfortable driving a car like this. I'm an electrician and drive an F150 and the car we just traded in was my wifes Freestyle, which was the ideal car for us but they don't lease out very well at all right now. The car just feels too fancy.

We are trying to find someone to assume the lease on this car. It's a 3 year, 12,000 miles per year lease on a brand new 2008 Volvo XC70. The car is white with a tan leather interior, sunroof, heated front seats, climate control, all wheel drive......, pretty well optioned. It only has 400 miles on it as I write this (we do drive it daily) and is showroom perfect. The monthly payment is $435.00 (we already took care of the down-payment for you!) and you will need very good credit to qualify for this lease.

If anyone on this forum is interested or knows someone who might be please email me at " the-henrys@comcast.net " and I will provide all the information they need. The car is located in Southfield, Michigan and can be seen in person by appointment. Thank you.

This post can't possibly be for real.

First of all, who goes through all the trouble of shopping for a car and (I assume) test driving it and then has some kinda revelation that they are driving a car that "feels too fancy". You've got to be kidding me, right??? Too fancy? What the heck is THAT all about? Did you not see/drive the thing before you signed the lease agreement? Has tha car morphed into something else other than what you shopped for and picked out? Or has all your buy American, Ford employee/retiree friends & family started ragging on you?

Too fancy.......

That just cracks me up.

Tom

Yes, Tom, it's for real. My wife and I just had a baby and wanted something safe and decided to try out a Volvo. We did test drive it, but it's not until you actually LIVE with it do you notice the "quirks". Keep in mind that we have never had a car like this- we have ALWAYS driven Fords (Ford does still own Volvo). Nobody has ragged on us for not buying American, my family members drive Mazdas and Volvos, too.

Things like having to pull the door handel twice to open it from inside. Once to unlock the door, and once to open it. The cup holders are too small (I know, the Europeans don't drink in the car, but we Americans do!). There are only two power points for cell phones etc. You don't have to put a key in the ignition, as long as the key is in your pocket all you have to do is push a button on the dashboard. Very nice, but not what we are used to.

Like I said, it is a very nice car, but we are Ford people, not Volvo people. We just found out the hard way. We just don't feel comfortable driving this car. We feel alittle snobby. We do really like the car- it just isn't our style. F150's and Freestyle's are just our speed.

To the other guy: Thanks for the pointers on getting someone to assume this lease, we will be very careful. We've already had several people ask us to just give them the keys and they would "take over the payments" while the lease is still in our name. As Tom so graciously pointed out- we might be dumb, but we're not that dumb.

jacksonbart: I totally expected some wisenheimer remark from you, but was let down by your kind support.

I must be honest, the more we drive it, the more we like it. I just have to get over the "snob" feeling I have when I drive it. My wife really seems to like it and it is safe for her and my son so I guess I just better get used to it.

The sound system is pretty good, though.

jacksonbart: I totally expected some wisenheimer remark from you, but was let down by your kind support.

I must be honest, the more we drive it, the more we like it. I just have to get over the "snob" feeling I have when I drive it. My wife really seems to like it and it is safe for her and my son so I guess I just better get used to it.

The sound system is pretty good, though.

The base package(?) sound system we got with ours does sound better than most stock systems I have tried in newer cars lately. Safety and dependability is our thing, since my GF's accident. Having had 2 brothers in the used car biz, each of which have owned Volvos for their own use, well we shall see.

Another thing, when asking them why they had cars on their lot that I could not imagine anyone would possibly buy, their universal answer was always, "There is an *** for every seat".

Well MD I would guess that they are still made in Sweden. Probably still designed by Swedes too. Now for me, a proper Swedish car is a Saab. In their day they were way more quirky than any volvo dreamed of being. As an Alfa guy, I wouldn't feel comfortable in a volvo either. There is truly an *** for every seat, as stated above, sometimes due to preference, sometimes due to means.

D- Volvo IS European. Just beacause Ford owns it doesn't make it any less Swedish, wise-***. Do your research before you pipe-up.

What do you think the reason for this post is? To see if anyone would be interested in assuming the lease. And I already have a 2008 F150, I don't need another one.

Why would you tell me to shut up? All I'm trying to do is find a way to get my wife a car she will really enjoy, and I get to hear from pinheads like you? Nice attitude.

That's what we liked about Volvo- they have a very good reputation for reliability and safety. Didn't want to go the used route because we wanted a warranty for the whole time that we had it.

It's really good on gas, too. I'm seeing 30 mpg's on the freeway!!

We have someone that might be interested in it. We'll see tomorrow.

Here's why you drive a Volvo. Run off the Interstate... roll a few times... take out some trees... land upside down.

Undo the seatbelt and crawl out the window. The car is definitely gone, but Josh is alive. The windows still opened. This was taken the day after the wreck. btw, the guy who ran him off the road never stopped.

Ford didn't mess with Volvo much at all. It's a good thing. Wish I had one myself.

Bruce

post-7149-13819418217356_thumb.jpg

Here's why you drive a Volvo. Run off the Interstate... roll a few times... take out some trees... land upside down.

Undo the seatbelt and crawl out the window. The car is definitely gone, but Josh is alive. The windows still opened. This was taken the day after the wreck. btw, the guy who ran him off the road never stopped.

Ford didn't mess with Volvo much at all. It's a good thing. Wish I had one myself.

Bruce

Not going to show my GF that amazing photo, just yet. Volvo motors are autobahn goers as well. 150+ mph