Do you want the bad news first?

BenG

As with others I do not know alot about the Monarchy equipment although the anti jitter device has never had any bad reviews. I have considered getting one.

DEFINITELY BREAK IN. When I got my RB5s played through a Kenwood HT receiver(we all make mistakes, since replaced with better SS power)I thought my ears would bleed. Not a pleasant experience. I played them all night with a Jazz FM radio station at low volume for a week. Then I played them all weekend with a rock station at a fairly loud level when we were away.

After 100 hours they were sounding pretty reasonable and after 300 hours they were sort of "seasoned" like a cast iron dutch oven(my camping hobby).

It is hard to beleive one could give up on a Heresy. They were my first Klipsch experience in 1977. The industrial model. My first PA system I ever ran...

Three piece accoustic group

Shure SM58 microphones

Belden cable

Tascam mixing board

Phase Linear(?) power amp

12 gauge zip cord

Indusrial Hereseys

I have been chasing that live sound ever since.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BenG,

I don't know what is going on with your system, but I would be very surprised if it is your speakers or your Monarchy gear causing your problems. Listen to the advice of the guru's here, let the stuff burn in, try various speaker placements, and give it a bit to get used to the "Klipsch sound".

I had my Monarchy gear hooked up to my Heresy's and it sounded great, but my amp had a few hundred hours on it and my Heresy's are from '77.

Let us know how it goes!

------------------

Ed W

Well, Tom....Maybe ole BenG should come along as well... I feel sorry for the poor soul. Must feel like he was led down the path of doom. Nothing like spending a 1000 ducats on nails down a blackboard! Hopefully things will come together once he cleans out the electrons... heh.

As for The Midwest Horn Freak Patrol ReUnion 109, I have been following the formation of this event ever since it was brought up on the High Freak Asylum ahwile back. Sounds like quite an event and surely something to catch, especially if wearing a University of Illinois hat....and backwards, no less (I would have to be shot before I wear a baseballcap backwards)!

The invite sounds VERY tempting, almost worth the horror of the drive or ride with the terrorists in the skies. I will seriously think about it... I am wondering already if I can take a Cab back home to NC.

My feeling is that the Convention Center will close down shortly after this freak brigade has their way with the facilities!

The foundation WILL be tested.

kh

This message has been edited by mobile homeless on 01-31-2002 at 04:42 PM

thank goodness there are federal laws giving you thirty days to listen and play around with your over $300 purchase, so if you do not like them, you can take them back and get a full refund (just call your state attorney's office and they will verify this) -

while many cone speakers sound the same (the highs are often barely there), horns sound bright by comparison and must be matched with very good quality front-end equipment (but not expensive), since the Monarchy amp is considered so well by the BBSrs here, I would suspect the CD player, try pointing the horns right at your ears and play a REALLY good quality CD ...

------------------

Colin's Music System Cornwall 1s & Klipsch subs; lights out & tubes glowing!

This message has been edited by Colin on 02-01-2002 at 03:34 AM

Hey Tom...

I notice that Bruce Edgar is coming to your gig....Have you heard his horn subwoofer?....it's awsome...he had it set up with his Titans and some tubes....tell him Fred says hello...I was supposed to see him at CES, but I had to cancel at the last minute....when exactly is he going to be there?...I'm going to LA soon and don't want to miss him when I'm there.....really struggling whether to sell my K-horns and Belle and go with his stuff....I've wanted K-horns since I was a kid and have had mine since 1980....like a member of the family....breaks your heart doesn't it?

Lord.... Ole BenG gets 30 replies and then disappears like the wind. Poor soul. Probably staring at those ugly Heresy like they are the plague. I can only imagine his poor wife having to hear his howling in agony. All this waiting.... This looking forward to it all. Putting his system together, piece by piece...some new...some old....

Wandering on to this board. Lost.

Now he is doomed. He feels as if he is deep in a cave in Afghanistan with Stealth craft overhead.

I would say a prayer if I believed it would do any good. Perhaps speaking in tongues... chanting. Wailing. Gnashing of teeth.

Poor bastard.

kh

This message has been edited by mobile homeless on 02-01-2002 at 01:28 AM

Can you blame him?

He is nearing the urge to put himself out of his own misery with the full realization that he could have bought some $350 Heresy on Ebay or at the local Stereo-Thrift, listened, hated, and then sold for a profit.

Hell, I would have made the poor lad a fine "FOR SALE" webpage... He would have MADE DUCATS from his misery!

If only...

kh

Sorry for hiding in that cave too long!

Im still on night-shift and have been testing the atmospheric conditions on 50 voids on an Off-Shore drilling rig.

Then....it took some time to read all the helpfull comments.

I dont know where to start...I have left the units running now for 12 hours and going. I placed them 5" from the back wall and they are about 7' apart and pointing straight(no toeing)

I dont have the riser stands yet.

the bright/harsh sound has reduced. honestly, i thought that this burn in process was b''crap, not the case.

i get the feeling as if the system is "getting comfortable"

i am still missing some detail of certain musical pieces. they are like faded out somewhat. bass is really shy, cause: no corners avaliable at the present position.(ill work on moving furniture around)

i definitely want better cables and a transport.

I know, i jumped the gun and feel somewhat (newbie-embarrassed) but what the hell.

you guys really help.

there is a woodworker coming over on saturday to give me a quote on refinishing(paint) the heresy's to match my wifes furniture. (rosewood, reddish cherry type)

My wife said, "thats it, no more switching all the units, buy the cables, dip, and a low priced cd player, and stick to this one"

i wont turn off the units ....no mo!

possible items to buy here pretty quick:

Synergistic silver cables

AMC CD8 ??

Silver Serpents Bettercables.com ??

DIP

corner placements...and i will update.

anyone selling related items

THANKS again everyone

going the distance,

benny

------------------

Monarchy Audio SM-70

Onkyo DV-S535

Monarchy Audio Model 33

KLIPSCH HERESY II (soon)

AudioQuest Slate/Diamondback

Enough...!

this poor "bastard" was crying wolf.

if it goes to two pages it just shows me Ive got some friends or you guys like to make ridicule...hehehe

give me a break...

its because of this forum, and all you klipsch gun-ho's

im trying to make this puppies comfortable in my house!

I was only a guest, then the hook was set.

Bammm!

here i am, sold the Para's and trying to raise some klipsch's

thanks again,

-benny

------------------

Monarchy Audio SM-70

Onkyo DV-S535

Monarchy Audio Model 33

KLIPSCH HERESY II (soon)

fini

diffrent subject, but the orange rig from Armageddon, is here at this site.

its amazing to see these monsters being pulled in by tugs, into our piers(docks)

Ensearch EEX:

Try again for the pic.

------------------

Monarchy Audio SM-70

Onkyo DV-S535

Monarchy Audio Model 33

KLIPSCH HERESY II (soon)

This message has been edited by BenG on 02-01-2002 at 02:35 AM