The Force is Strong in This One...

SilverSport

Some of you may have read where recently and as he approaches his 40th birthday...my little brother has finally come over from BO$E 301s in a Home Theater and for 2 channel music to Klipsch...

First he took on a pair of my Klipsch Heresy Birch Raw...the ugly ones...well, they really aren't ugly (IMO) but not near as pretty as the Walnut Oil ones...SO...as these are to be in his living room and his furniture is Walnut...he asked to "trade me out" for the Walnut Heresys...as he is helping me remodel a basement shower we struck the deal...

THEN he heard my Quartets...loving the extended bass over the nice Heresys he seemed on a quest for Quartets or Forte'/Forte' IIs...we stopped at Simply Stereo and he trifled with Cornwall IIIs but in the end he came back to Quartets and Forte'/Forte' IIs...

No joy in Mudville for the Forte'/Forte' IIs and me feeling blessed that I found this place 4 years ago...met all of you and that this REALLY fueled my love for the sound of music and Klipsch...little brother just drove away with my coveted and favorite Walnut Oil Quartets with the Bob Crites crossovers...I am happy and sad all at the same time...I think I am getting my Walnut Oiled Heresys back and I guess I'll have to contact Bob for the upgraded crossovers for my only other Quartets...a nice (but not as nice as those Walnuts [;)] ) pair of Oak Oil...

The learning curve is fast with him...

Bill

I agree, If I had someone who would just let me take what I want from them in the name of family and brother love I would have moved quickly also[:P]

Really though, I think it is great that there is another convert in this world, another saved from the clutches of the Evil BO$$$E empire!

Oh, it wasn't Luke that destroyed the Death Star, it was the BASS from Lord Vaders Klipsch 2 ch TUBE rig that did it (please don't tell Luke, he will be so disapointed!)

thanks guys...out father lit the fuse many years ago and my older brother rekindled it in me...then I converted my younger sister away from the BO$E 301sas well...she settled on kg1s ...nice speakers (I am a BIG fan of the kgs) but she had her choice of Reference RB-5s or Heresys along with KSB 1.1s and chose the kgs...cuz they're pretty and she needs smaller speakers for her application...now the Family is all Klipsch...

I am not speaker lacking and I can only listen to so much stuff...this place and the nice prices have let me try (and fall in love with) many flavors of Klipsch speakers...but why couldn't he have wanted the Oak Oiled???...[:P]

I need to contact Bob 'bout those new Quartet crossovers...

Bill

,,,by the way...when I decided to move up the ladder at Klipsch from my kg2s, I sent them off to a buddy who had previously said "there is no difference in speakers"...he converted to Klipsch and is currently enjoying a pair of Cornwall Clones...I need to downsize my collection a bit but I fear it will just renew the desire to try other Klipsch stuff (really dug the LaScala IIs at Simply Stereo and have yet to hear Forte'/Forte' IIs and Chorus/Chorus IIs)

Bill

That's very cool, Bill. For my brother's 60th birthday, I'll be setting him up with a convenient way to listen to his old vinyl. Yep, he was convinced (by his wife??) to get rid of those "big" speakers (geeze, they were the size of kg1s!), and go with Bose cubes. Plus, the turntable was ejected from the system.

So, tomorrow I'll be giving him a turntable (Technics SL-D3 with a Stanton 681EEE cartridge), a Bellari VP 129 phono preamp/headphone amp, and a pair of Sennheiser PXC-250 noise-cancelling headphones. Not the highest fidelity, but with this compact package, he'll be able to listen to and get back into the music.

Gordon (along with my sister and mother) were a big influence on my love of music. This is a small way of paying him back.

very cool fini...lil brother is still A/B'ing the Heresys and the Quartets...I told him placement is everything with the Quarts and he prefers (so far) the clarity of the Heresy highs to the Quarts...perhaps a pair of Bob Crites' titanium diaphragms are in order...

Bill

Good show Bill. That's the way to give those Bosies a good kicking. You've given him speakers with actual published specfications, something you'll never find from Bose. Plus they sound a whole lot better.

This is not a hijack, but your space theme prompted me to revive an old thread of mine. Hope you get a chuckle or two out of it.

anytime thebes...I am always up for somemind expanding... [;)]...maybe a little of both Craig...

'lil brother calls me up today and asks if he can keep the Walnut Oiled Heresys as he prefers the cleaner highs (tweeter) to that of the K-76 on the Quartet for his applications (Home Theater or 2 channel with a sub)...so I'll be getting those Walnut Oiled Quartet beauties back... just in time to order some titanium diaphragms from Bob Crites and Son...

Bill