Need Suggestions For 2-Channel Home Gym Setup

CO1

I'm building a new home gym that is approx 15x26 and I need a pair of speakers that will blow the place up. I'd like to keep it under $1000 and they don't have to be new. I don't plan to add a sub so they need dig deep for the heavy gym tunes. Ultimately they just need to be loud to cover that fact that I'm a screamer. lol Please advise. Thanks!

Chorus II's or cornwalls would do the trick....probably find a pair in the $500-$700 range........Lots of Beater La Scalas floating around also in your price range...

Thats a pretty big room but Before I had my klipschorns, I had Cornwall I's (stock except for BEC recap) in my living room 16X20 and with an 85 WPC Sansui they shook the walls at 1/4 volume [H]

IMO the cornwalls will "dig" the deepest in your price range....and they sound awesome as well

Unfortunately I havn't had much luck so far. I have found several of the speakers listed plus KLF-30's & RF-7's but no one wants to ship their speakers. I'll just have to keep looking but they are much harder to find in Canada and are usually located in a city where they can be sold localy. Sucks to be me. lol

Have you tried Canuck Audio Mart ??? There are several current listings for heritage etc. depending where in CA you are....

Yeah I've looked there but no one wants to ship anything...local pickup only. I don't get it, if I'm paying for the shipping why would the seller care? Can someone enlighten me here plz? If I have to buy locally it would be at Walmart. lol

CO1,

No road in and you have to fly in and out? Wow, that is remote! It's amazing (to me) that you have an internet connection (Daddy Dee is easily entertained, but I'm easily amazed [;)]). But you do have a Walmart. Man, they're EVERYWHERE! I'd like to hear more about the place you live (if you don't mind sharing).

Good luck with the speaker hunt. Shipping is a possibility though, right?

Another approach (if you can work wood) would be to make something like Cornwalls, importing easily-shipped components and using locally accessed plywood, etc. Folks here could provide a lot of guidance, if needed.

I'll be a bit of a contrarian here. I would suggest KG 5.2 or 5.5's. Big loud room filling detailed sound, plenty of bass, slightly shrill at the top, but commonly available and half the price of Cornwalls. Often for sale on ebay and can be shipped.