icon vs synergy vs reference

hdgamerdude

Ive been looking at surround systems for about the same price that feature either the F3's the VF-36 and the RF-82 side speakers.

It *seems* like I can build a system featuring any of those speakers and comparable center, side and sub speakers for around the same price but not sure if there is much appreciable difference.

Now I am not an audio person at all but on my $500 surrond sound system in a box I cant stand the lousy center speaker where it sounds like everyone is trapped in a small metalic box coved in blankets.

We'll be watching a lot of blue ray movies and playing games with music a distant 3rd.

Does anyone have any thoughts or advice?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. If you don't have any WAF issues, go for the RF-82's. . The 82's will give you lots of volume, good bass, and a great soundstage. Make sure you pair them up with the proper center,surrounds, and sub. Here are Klipsch's recommendations: http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/rf-82-home-theater-system.aspx.

Bill

Welcome to the forum.

I would say to purchase the best front speakers you can afford, even if you have to purchase your setup on pieces. Or to purchase the front three speakers and work out the rest later.

Of the three that you mentioned I would also go with the RF-82 setup.

James

Thanks James!

Ok so keep in mind I'm a n00b, but what center channel would go well witht he RF-82. The c3 I was going to get with the F3 seems to be better then then the RC52. would the RC62 be more comparable. (on paper it looks that way but i have no clue what i am really looking at lol

Also what is better: the RF82 or RF83 for floor speakers?

Yes, as mentioned the RF-83 are the top of the line in the Reference series.

I guess the first thing is how much do you want to spend?

Then you can go to the "Recommended Systems" page to figure out which one to get. Plus it will have the entire setup as to which speakers match. Here it is, http://www.klipsch.com/products/lists/floorstanding-systems.aspx.

James

I say the F3 but I'm bias because that's the same line of speakers I have. It's also bias cuz I've never heard the VF36's. The F3 is "a lot of speaker" if you know what I mean. the only reason I didn't get them is due to my price range. I have the F2's and they are PLENTY of speaker for my needs. You would need a pretty darn big room to push them to distortion. I've had mine up way past "comfortable" listening levels, and they were still crystal clear. You should check them out. And you'd save enough over the F3's to get the C2 center!

well I kind of goofed. I'm only going to buy from BB or CC because they have no interest specials going on and i didn't realize that they don't sell the reference.

So now my decesion is between the F3 and VF 36 but no clue how they compare as I can't listen to them at my store (they dont have them setup)

Now I am not an audio person at all but on my $500 surrond sound system in a box I cant stand the lousy center speaker where it sounds like everyone is trapped in a small metalic box coved in blankets.

A little off topic but your above comment made me think of the other day when I was talking to a new co-worker and the subject turned to home theater. I told him that my center speaker weighed over 52 pounds and he almost fell over. He said that his practically fits in the palm of his hand. [:P]

Crutchfield.com also has no payments/no interest if payed in 6 months................

Trust us when we say you won't regreat buying these without hearing them.............You can thank us later...........

Another way to go is wait and save up your money until you can afford them. No need to open up another line of credit in times like these !

• Moderators

Another way to go is wait and save up your money until you can afford them. No need to open up another line of credit in times like these !

Totally agree with Bill here. Cash is king. Your speakers sound better when they are not on a payment plan. [:D]

I would look online to find other BB stores. Give them a call to see if they carry the speakers you are interested in. Then you can listen first hand to see if that is what you are looking for.

• Moderators

Crutchfield.com also has no payments/no interest if payed in 6 months................

Problem is most people do not pay it off in 6 months. I've made that mistake before. 1 year, no interest. I'll pay it off by then. Yeah right. It didn't happen. LOL

CC and BB are offering 3 years no intrest and with the rate the greenback is depreciating you really can't beat that. It really is no different then me saving the money and holding off on the purchase then be buying it now. The only difference is that I help the econmy and i get to beef up my credit. =)

hd,

Please read the fine print. They require you to make the Minimum mothly payment of 3% of the total amount each month and have the total paid off before the three year period. OR ELSE the interest charges accrue from the START date of the original Purchase................

No one knows whats gonna happen three years from now. You Could possibily be socked with outraugous payments, IF somewhw you hadn't made the minimum monthly payment..............or miss a payment period...........

Just something to think about.