• Recent Posts

• Hey Dave,    Eh, nice job on those speakers, you hoser;) lol;)   That's was for all you lurking SCTV Canadian fans out there...Long live John Candy...   Here's what I like about your job.  Blacking out the bass bin is a personal decision and quite frankly a gatekeeping function since veneering would require quite a bit of skill. Personally I like the lines of the bass bin and plan to use a light-colored oil rub of some sort (still seeking suggestions) on these speakers. I'm leaning toward keeping these speaker light in color to blend with our off-white walls.    My question is how much better does it sound than stock? You decided to add a subwoofer. It that because the stock or Bob Crites x-overs did not provide enough bass? If I remember correctly these speakers' stock only go done to 50htz?   Does the front mounting of the squawker really make a difference? Is it just a process of widening the hole?  
    • not sure what this means?   I may not be stating this right.   to troubleshoot the crossover I connected a wire from the HF -  input straight to a small little full range. (acoustimass cube laying around).  The other wire was connected to the test speaker, and I went point to point from that wire touching all th points I could     Its a crummy diagram but this is what i found, green circles mean I had speaker output if it was placed there, red circles mean no output.    Does that make sense?
    • That's a pretty good deal right there.
    • Edwards Electronics on EBAY maybe? Email them and see if they will fix for you. Or @ngen33r ?
    • ? then your jumper is not a zero ohm short.....
    • You have a kopi luwak  for a pet..
    • I turned it on yesterday and it went pop!  😕  I see quite a few posts with people that are technical enough to fix this, but I know that I am not!  Anyone here willing to take a shot? Just PM me and we can work something out to make it worth your while.    Or, maybe recommend a place somewhere that I can send it to get it fixed?  It's a great unit and sad if this is what kills it.    
    • Update-    looks like a bad cap was the issue. I had some 2.0 caps from a crossover rebuild kit I got from JEM audio for another pair of speakers, so I put them in and it has output now.    Sound is improved but- depending on the tracks played it seems to be a bit of crackle at lower volumes that go away at higher levels- go figure?   wonder is 1. Bad diaphragms? 2. Ferrofluid- is it in there?   can it dry out?    Switched amps btw since this started (issue was same with either amp used), now running a NAD 1300/2600 pre-amp-amp stack- it's quite powerful at 150 wpc rms and lots of current capacity. musically it is just loafing at regular listening levels.     
    • at  the first connection point there is signal output, at the other end of the cap nothing.  
    • I can certainly ask her. I'll try to contact her today. 
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Ddubbs