Since it won't remain secret very long...

chuckears

No, tblasing, I did not know that (never listened to much REO). I'm sure there's a common thread tying mine, REO's and everyone else's to someone back in the 60's smokin a "Fat one" and just being goofycwm32.gif.

Hey chuckears, let's do this deal!!!

CT

------------------

=====================================

You can tune a radio, but you can't tuna fish!

=====================================

Nothing remains a secret here. Oh well, price probably just went up. I have an email to the seller asking about shipping, condition, and requesting more pictures of the cabinets.

Needless to say I want them as well - only difference being I listened to RF-7's last night and may change my mind about having a classic system. Gotta get some input on cabinet construction of the RF-7's cause they did look kind of delicate. At least there are 6 days to think about it.

------------------

Fronts - KG4's

Center - C6

Surrounds - S6's

Sub - KSW200

Powered by - YAM995

I should buy both and sell mine, i would like to have matching center and rear center!

Anyway this goes, let me know, im buying a RC-3 if i can get the academy a bit cheaper ill buy one!

Also im getting the RS3-2s, so itll all match that way also, reference on the rear wall!

The academy isnt as efficient as the RC-3.

Jim, the one who never knows what hes doing!

I need to finalize my Klipsch, this might be the last year for tax return for 2 years, it was in the paper today!

So if you buy something, make it worth money as well!

Our country is falling, some what fierce!

Regards Jim

Gotta go with boa on that, Jim... I tried the RC-3 with my fortes, and while I'm sure it does fine with the other reference series speakers, it did not mate well with Fortes, and I assume the same would hold true with the more dynamic predecessors like the Cornwalls.

As for the Academy on ebay, I have yet to receive a reply from the individual regarding condition etc, but it is possible that he/she is not the internet junkie that some of us seem to be cwm16.gif

Okay, I'll throw one in here ... and I don't mean to be presumptuous about how much money one would spend on a center ... BUT ...

There's a very nice looking single (1) Belle being sold on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1330562204

The opening price will probably discourage a few bidders, but sub-$850 would be a pretty fair deal for that, assuming you could drive and fetch it (MI, OH, IL) ...

I went from a KT-LCR (very much like the Academy but THX-rated, whatever that means, but it sounded great between the Cornwalls), to a Heresy (even better), to a Belle I "stole" for $600 in Philadelphia. Was pretty beat up -- retract and rephrase -- was awfully beat up, but $5 of oil and stain, and $20 of new grill cloth sure made up for a lot of sins.

So there are my "two cents" ... Smile.gif

------------------

If you don't like what is coming out, you wouldn't like what is going in." -PWK-

---------------------

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

I have the academy for front center now, i was thining of the RC-3 for rear center!

Because im getting the RS-3 2s for rear channel!

If the Rc-3 will not fit in, im offering $300.00 for an academy, or KLFc-7!

Thats to mch, so someone will get what they want for it!

I set the budget for a RC-3!

I can not get the RC-7 $900.00 is to much!

Throw it around, plus ill have the SS.5s doing nothing here afterwards!

Jim the one who never knows what hes doing!

I would just buy both academys, but im not out to get anyone!

Regards Jim

...tuna fish I consider to be REO's transition from a progressive band to more of a pop band. still some great tunes on it like "roll w/ the changes" but also some of the pop lovey-dovey here began to appear (not there's anything wrong w/ that Smile.gif). i just remember after this album appeared longing back to those "riden the storm out" & "157 riverside ave" days. happens to the best of 'em. even bruce. cwm13.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page