RF 83 RC 64 versus KLF 20 KLF C7

demi klf

Need some input here,

I have a set of KLF 20's and a RC 64 Center channel.

For the side surrounds I'll be using RS 62's and RS 52's for the rear surrounds.

I'd like a matching front stage.

Should I buy a klf C7 to match my klf 20's or get rid of my klf 20's and buy a set of RF 83's to match the RC 64 center channel and RS surrounds?

I can get a good deal on a set of pristine RF 83's.

Is the RF83, RC64 combo better than the KLF 20 KLF C7 combo?

I'll be using a RW 12d subwoofer and a denon 3805 AVR.

Let me know your opinion

In your case, because you already have the Majority of a Reference system - Go with the RF 83's.

You should not have any problems selling the KLF 20 to recoupe the RF 83's price...............JMHO

Bill Hamilton..................

Now would someone with the name Hamilton, steer you Wrong?

Let us know whatever you end up with ! Pics also.............

As an owner/user of KLF-20's and a C-7, I actually prefer the KLF-20's in 2 channel over the HT set up. Based on this and never having heard the RF-83's - I suspect the RF's would be better in a HT enviornment as from the Klipsch literature it appears that the RF series is designed for HT applications. Please do not misunderstand my post - I really like my 20's and C7, but I think the 20's shine better in 2 channel - at least for me.

Go with the RF 83 and the RC 64, they will blow you away.

The KLF are good speakers but the RF are a set up

What makes you say that? Haven't heard from anyone here who have listened critically to both, it would be interesting to get your insight if you've actually done that.

• Moderators

Correct me if I'm wrong but usually directional speakers are recommend for rears. RB-61's perhaps.

This is the general consensus but what it really boils down to is preference. If you prefer the sound to be "surrounding" and not localized, then using all wide dispersion surrounds is the way to go. If you prefer more directional, then I would go with wide dispersion for sides and direct firing for rears.

pretty much just echoing what everyone else is saying....since you have the reference speakers for the rears, complete the set and get the reference speakers for the front stage. i believe the rf-83/rc-64 would sound better than the klf 20's when paired with the reference rears. to me it just makes sence that way....good luck!