HELP i need a decent hdmi cable

joessportster

i have learned tons about audio on this site, but i know squat about video, we went out and bought a 42" 1080p lcd toshiba television, and also bought a ps3 (because it has the ability to play games and dvds in bluray) the guy at circuit city tried to sell me a 100.00 hdmi cable. i feel pretty confident there are cables out there just as good that are reasonable so i passed on his cable

any one here have a good source for a quality cable that has a good transfer rate all help appreciated

Joe

good to pass up on that... W A Y over priced IMO...Joe...I'm right there with you...I bought mine from Parts Express recently and paid about $12 if I recall for a 6 foot length...there are surely better cables out there (better jacket, etc) but mine works great with my 50" Sony rear projection LCD...and it made a noticable difference...I bought this one because I was unsure if the cable would be an improvement over my componant cables...yup...it was...good luck.

Bill

i'm another cheerleader for monoprice. they have hdmi cables out that are certified to carry signals that are not even out yet! their cables are tripple shieled with gold connectors. you can't go wrong with a Catagory 2 cable from them! also their 6' cable is less than $10!

thanks alot guys, i just ordered a 6 foot cable with priority shipping paid with pay-pal $8.76 tell me C.C. wasnt trying to rip me off, (the guy really tried to scare me into buying it telling me i may as well buy a standard dvd /tv) thats when i let him know i oun and deal with audio equipment his store could only hope to get in and that i know all about the cable industry. not to mention the salesperson could not have been a day over 20 gotta love these stores today, sale you a product then try to sell every overpriced accessory they can dream up then try to sell you an extended warranty(that you must keep your original receipt for in order to make a claim) and they have to wander why they are in bankruptcy

if it wasnt so sad it would be comical, i guess i might as well look into a 5.1 set up now

Joe

Ah yes, Circuit City, the place where I overheard a male sales associate telling a middle-aged female customer that Brand X receiver would play louder than Brand Y because Brand X's volume knob went up to 50 whereas Brand Y's volume knob only went up to 40. I kid you not.

By the way, all the HDMI cables in my system are from monoprice, as well as the optical digital cable from my DirecTV box to my receiver. I have 3 HDMI cables and the optical cable and I probably have spent a total of $40-50 including shipping for all of them.

Got these Dayton Audio HDMI v1.3b cables from Parts Express. This 1 meter cable cost less than $4, a 5m was just $13. Rated for up to 1600p, and a nice quality build for the price. Bought a bunch to go all HDMI with my new receiver and replaced an expensive Nordost Silver Screen HDMI which had slightly better video but not enough for the $300 price difference... gotta love digital!

post-24342-1381942843557_thumb.jpg