Stereo stand above Cornwall II

kmill99

Just a thought...and it depends on a number of factors...but...ever see those shelf/cabinet units that are designed to sit over a toilet? Some just mount to the wall. Some actually have one or two tubing units on each side which go from the floor to the ceiling, supporting one or more shelves or even a cabinet between the tubes. Anyway, you should get my drift on this idea.

Local place that I just looked up in the yellow pages, I called and asked they said that they can get to within an 1/16". I took the measurement and placed the order and the next day then were done. It's just 1/4" glass with regular edges, then a stop over to the Home Depot and everything was done.

When I got my second pair of Cornwalls I went back to the same place and again no problems.

James

I bet you could whip out a wall mount shelf in nothing flat .....miter saw three pieces of 1X2 into a right triangle and mount to the wall using 100# drywall anchors.......then attach a 3/4" thick triangle of plywood on top with veneer edgebanding.....stain the whole thing up to match the corns and There ya go......

Nice to see Andy and Jim online again...hope you're both doing well.[Y]

I personally don't like the idea of placing ANY gear on top of loudspeakers, especially with vibrations being produced from the drivers (but that's just me). The corner shelving unit that davis419b shows looks to be rigid enough to support heavy receivers and amps...I'm sure the shelves can be braced or replaced with thicker shelves if needed for sturdiness (especially if you're a DIYer). And maybe use isolation dampening devices under the components for better protection against vibrations (if that's your belief).

Just my two cents...

Here is another photo its hard to get a good photo with all the reflections. Thank you Jim im glad to be back. Ill post more often. I'm starting to feel as vintage to the forum, as some of my older equipment.

I still ask myself to this day, why didnt I stop with the cornwalls?

I guess I learned a hell of a lot more than just a lesson over the years. There is a bit of room above the corns also. The corns arent exacally shoved in the cabinets, theres plenty of space. I caint even tell by the sound that there off the floor, its cool.

Regards Jim

post-3695-1381943597383_thumb.jpg