Pronunciation

SHO-MAN

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that we all know how to pronounce Klipsch, can we learn how to spell it because everytime I spell out Klipsch on this forum it gives me a big fat red underline indicating that I've miss spelled it again. C'mon, this is a Klipsch forum for Pete's, err.. Paul's sake!

<<thought "porsh-uh" was name of Julius Caesar's wife, duh!

And then you have to decide whether you would use ecclesiastical Latin pronunciation or classical Latin. Ecclesiastical is more like modern Italian and would sound closer to Por-shuh, but classical pronunciation has hard consonant sounds and would be closer to Por-tya.

Poseur! (Hah! Just try to pronounce that one)

Methinks we have a phony intellectual here. As me old high school Latin teacher used to say, and he was a Latin Mass Catholic priest, "nobody knows how ancient Latin sounded, because they've all been dead for over 2000 years".

Sorta like the "Rebel Yell". Nobody knows how that actually sounded, 'cause thems a yellin it got afilled with Yankee lead.

Watchit round that OT fellers. He gotta be one of them thar "Limosine Liberals". Comes from a small college town and drives one of them ugly furrin sorta sports cars. Probly got an old Volvo in the garage and swills Mateuse.

Besides, everybody knows Portia was porcine.

<<thought "porsh-uh" was name of Julius Caesar's wife, duh!

And then you have to decide whether you would use ecclesiastical Latin pronunciation or classical Latin. Ecclesiastical is more like modern Italian and would sound closer to Por-shuh, but classical pronunciation has hard consonant sounds and would be closer to Por-tya.

Poseur! (Hah! Just try to pronounce that one)

Methinks we have a phony intellectual here. As me old high school Latin teacher used to say, and he was a Latin Mass Catholic priest, "nobody knows how ancient Latin sounded, because they've all been dead for over 2000 years".

Sorta like the "Rebel Yell". Nobody knows how that actually sounded, 'cause thems a yellin it got afilled with Yankee lead.

Watchit round that OT fellers. He gotta be one of them thar "Limosine Liberals". Comes from a small college town and drives one of them ugly furrin sorta sports cars. Probly got an old Volvo in the garage and swills Mateuse.

Besides, everybody knows Portia was porcine.

Now just exactly who is the real Mateus swiller brother Thebes? Of course no one knows exactly how it sounded, but the way it is taught today it sounds two different ways depending on the curriculum (try saying that with a mouthful of marbles). I've never owned a Volvo either. HA!

Personally I never preferred to speak it at all....Dominus vobiscum, espiritu two oh! Won't you buy my sleezy pancakes just for saintly Alphonzo....