Crites woofer jamm in La Scala

davmar

I got a pair of Crites's woffers and am going to put them in one of my pair of La Scalas. I have read that some are grinding off the excess off of the speaker, and I want to ask them how much did they take off. I am going to use a flat bastard. If you did it would you talk about it a little, or if you know who went this way could you point me in their enlightned way? Thanx much!

I am going to use a flat ***.

Are you going to use a flat bastard file? That's a technical term that doesn't seem at all objectionable or inappropriate, to me at least.

EDIT: Okay, the word is automatically censored. That's keeping the reins pretty tight...

of course...you need to determine what position aligns with the placed edge once bolted in place.

I went the other route and follwed suit on what Klipsch did.....my 2004 lascalas had a grove cut on each inside of the dg house...so the route I took was to cut a groove into the sodes of the dog house at the 3 oclock and 9 oclock touch point. I used a biscutt joiner to cut the last set of grooves I needed. Prior to that I used a wood chisel.