Cartoons

Coytee

Sad thing is, as funny as these political cartoons are, I fail to see the humor in them anymore since they all hit the nail on the head. That, plus the fact I was just laid off last week and could only find a part time job 50 miles away...and I'm forced to start selling off gear like my RB-75s.[:(]

Sad thing is, as funny as these political cartoons are, I fail to see the humor in them anymore since they all hit the nail on the head. That, plus the fact I was just laid off last week and could only find a part time job 50 miles away...and I'm forced to start selling off gear like my RB-75s.Sad

very sorry to hear that you got laid off. i work for Orange County (Southern California) and we just layed off several hundred people. Fortunately, my department is heavily funded by the feds, so we haven't laid anyone off.

I hope you find another full-time job real soon.

Steve

Sad thing is, as funny as these political cartoons are, I fail to see the humor in them anymore since they all hit the nail on the head. That, plus the fact I was just laid off last week and could only find a part time job 50 miles away...and I'm forced to start selling off gear like my RB-75s.Sad

very sorry to hear that you got laid off. i work for Orange County (Southern California) and we just layed off several hundred people. Fortunately, my department is heavily funded by the feds, so we haven't laid anyone off. I hope you find another full-time job real soon. Steve

I got laid off Aug 08 and still looking and will probably have to take something paying half of what I was making and have sold off my 2 channel system but those are still funny.

I know what you are going thru JT1 so hang in there!! I am lucky cause most of my family and friends are close by which has been a big help.

Last time I was laid off I not only lost my home but my own family ostrasized me and still do. That was over 13 years ago. I found work through a temp agency and a woman I worked with on a few jobs took me in. 11 years later, Sheila and I have been together as a couple ever since. Our "anniversary" is in a couple weeks.

I'm now in the legal field and all I can say is thank God for class action suits and fender benders. We actually have a position opening up (maybe) in my office as I get bumped to dept head.

Well...ever since I returned off of active duty back in May 2007, I have spent 8 of that 20 months drawing unemployment...the last 8 weeks were a part of that, but I only have 6 weeks to go before "gainful employment" starts up for me again. IOW, I got my orders for a 365 day voluntary stateside mobilization tour, which I will likely be able to renew at the end of a year for a second year. So, on March 1st, I head to FT Sill for a year!

Now for those who DON'T have anything, there is ONE state agency in EVERY state which has been hiring folks, and which likely will be hiring even more folks for awhile into the future...because their business is steadily picking up...the UNEMPLOYMENT places! So don't tell me there are NO JOBS to be had!!

If I can just hang in there for another FOUR years, then I will never have to worry about job hunting again! Because in four years I turn 60 and will begin drawing 3+ grand a month...which I earned the HARD way! Thank Goodness!! During the Carter/Reagan era of economic hard times, my father never quite understood exactly how bad the average worker had it because he was bringing in 1700 bucks a month for just continuing to breathe...but he DID understand how hard the average working stiff had it during the Great Depression! What goes around comes around, that is the nature of economics, like it or not! Always has been...and always will be! Generally and historically speaking, for every single year of a person's life that the economy is strong and growing, they have to suffer through 2+ years of stagnate, downturning, or just plain stinking economy! Look at the past and learn from it to prepare for your future...nuff said!

It never hurts to keep a resume updated. Speaking of which I had planned to do just that this weekend because I have had much secure jobs in the past like a hospital and the State Dept, now I work for a legal gambling establishment.Just last week a contractor that has been in the beer vending business for 11 years say's when times get tough people seem to drink more. ???