Clever minds, what do you think?

Amy

where... i must be going blind.. ok top right hand side I see news centre, about klipsch, home audio, ipod, in wall, commercial.. nothing about forums...

It doesn't matter, but that is interesting.Far right on the top... Indifferent Maybe you see the page upside down, since you are down under...

I dont get the 'forum' link.. very interesting. I am not tech minded so I am not smart enough to post the web page that I see but this is the link http://www.klipsch.com/world/au/en/default.aspx

That link is whacky . Lot's of things missing .

Here's a better link . http://www.klipsch.com/default.aspx

Thanks SBW - I'll use that in future. Normally I type in www.klipsch.com and the link that I provided above is automatically shown. Maybe this is something Amy can fix for the Australian Klipsch fans

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

If you have an international IP address, I believe you will automatically be directed to our sub-site for your region. This is to avoid confusion because we have several products available in some areas and not others. I'm sure there is a better way we can set that up since the sub-sites are not as robust as the main site -- that will be looked at as well. Lots of work to be done.

If you have an international IP address, I believe you will automatically be directed to our sub-site for your region. This is to avoid confusion because we have several products available in some areas and not others. I'm sure there is a better way we can set that up since the sub-sites are not as robust as the main site -- that will be looked at as well. Lots of work to be done.

Hummmmmmmmm holding out on folks are we..............

Hummmmmmmmm holding out on folks are we..............?

Not us! Our dealers/distributors decide what they will buy :)

I still believe at the very least that a link to the forum on the main site should be accessible in Australia. Why would this be excluded I wonder? Also although local distributors might not want to sell certain products it couldn’t hurt to show what products are available by Klipsch as we could still by online if one chooses to do so.

I did not know you had another site. If you had enough money which I'm sure you don't I would buy the rights to use Batman and Robin as tie-ins. What speakers do Batman and Robin listen to in the Bat-cave? Klipsch! What speakers do Batman and Robin listen to in the Batmobile? Klipsch!

You could invent your own Superhero and call him KLIPSCHMAN. He could have superpowered ears that hate bad sound. He could stomp on all other speaker brands. You could drop big Klipsch speakers on little speakers by other companies.

She asked for input from clever minds.

• Moderators

She asked for input from clever minds.

Now that's funny.

Batmans Robin, what's the obsession with the cartoon characters ? It's a serious question, I don't have it in for you I think you could fit in just fine around here without so much batman and robin stuff, and a little less baiting people.

Hi Amy,

I have been thinking about your new site design and I stumbled across this new part of Crown’s site that I think is quite good. I showed this to my 20 and 21 year old daughters and they, too, thought it was “cool”, though they didn’t understand the technical aspects designed to appeal to a different audience.

http://www.itechhd.com/

Crown’s new vignette does a good job of teaching to their target user in a multi-media format. It sounds quite good through my ProMedia 2.1’s, too.

Great preachers are great story-tellers. Every great sermon includes three attributes – tickle, touch, and teach. When all three attributes are included, the “story” is captivating and, more importantly, memorable.

I would think a great web site should include all three attributes in a multi-media format.

Teach – With the current blight of well-trained “audio consultants”, it is difficult, if not impossible, for the public to discover the “truth” about audio. Too much BS!! Teach about audio. From audio 101 to advanced courses, be the “expert” place to go. Tell the story behind each speaker or line of speakers (or products). A site designed to “teach” about audio, from novice to expert, will establish credibility for the teacher.

Touch – Every good story will touch the listener’s heart. Music can be used to evoke the response of the heart, too. The 57 year old listener will likely prefer different music from the 27 year old listener. User selectable music will appeal to the listener/viewer. Carefully selected music should evoke the same desired response from either 57 or 27.

For a few of us older folk who knew Paul, a PWK section with stories and videos about Paul will be appealing, but unlikely to increase our desire to own Klipsch products. We are already fanatics.

Tickle – We all like to laugh or giggle. Humor triggers positive body chemicals resulting in positive feelings. Be careful to avoid “goofy”.

A multi-media site, including all three attributes in “story-telling” vignettes, will evoke emotional responses, will be memorable, and if refreshed often with new material, will result in multiple viewer returns.

The challenge is great and the need unfulfilled on the web today. How do we teach people, from 17 to 77, both male and female, both novice and expert, the truth about audio in a way that well entertain and inform and create in them the desire to own Klipsch products?

The task is complex, and costly, but necessary for survival in these challenging times. To the victor go the spoils.

The current website works pretty well for me. I like the background that makes me think of a Klipschorn, Belle, or La Scala

What I would want... mostly some random thoughts

• Keep all the technical data and manuals available for all speakers
    • including those no longer in production
  • MSRP is kind of nice to get an idea of how much things are going to cost
  • The main pages need to load fast - additional multi-media things won't have to load
  • I agree - a section about PWK - sort of the history of what he's done and including stories and anecdotes from those who knew him best - maybe alow people to post their own
  • How about posting all the Dope from Hope memos
  • Definitely keep the history and improve it
  • The vintage ads are great
  • Add a section about the long term value of Klipsch speakers - maybe post pictures and info about Klipsch speakers that have been in a family for decades - there's a reason 10, 20, 30,and even older Klipsch speakers are still in use - even stock, ok maybe will need new capacitors, 1970's Klipschorns pretty much smoke anything on today's market, other than new Klipsch, in sound quality
    • have to be careful as you want to direct prospective purchasers to buy new speakers and not old ones - leave those for the fanatics or when they become fanatics
    • people who do sell their Klipsch speakers, unless they just don't have the space, often move on to newer and better Klipsch or older and better (to them) Klipsch
    • a youngr guy maybe doesn't want his daddy's Oldsmobile but he'll want his Klipsch
  • Include a history section on all the lines - even the pro sound line
    • Think about it - there's a lot of pro Klipsch products 20 and 30 years old still going strong
    • Stories / articles / info on how today's pro cinema products can be used for pro sound
  • Feeding and care of one's new and classic Klipsch
    • How to keep one's new speakers working like new for the rest of one's life
    • How to get one's vintage Heritage models back up to spec
  • Focus on the craftmanship
    • A gallery of the awesome and exotic veneers used over the years
    • And most any exotic veneer is still available for a price
  • Work into how the best products are still made in the US in Hope
    • gotta be careful to avoid the politics
  • As bhendrix stated - teach the public about the truth of of loudspeaker design - if they understand why Klipsch sound better, hopefully they'll buy Klipsch products
  • Forget the marketing BS, here's the straight dope on what makes speakers sound good

Great thoughts Bill-

"Teach
– With the current blight of well-trained “audio consultants”, it is
difficult, if not impossible, for the public to discover the “truth”
about audio. Too much BS!! Teach about audio. From audio 101 to advanced courses, be the “expert” place to go. Tell the story behind each speaker or line of speakers (or products). A site designed to “teach” about audio, from novice to expert, will establish credibility for the teacher. "

Polk's website and FAQ is outstanding. I had archived the FAQ's from Klispch's top competitors and was actively pursuing this item and scanning old historical documents from the archives last summer when.....

This was once part of the 'goals' list for Tech Support. I doubt if it's a priority today. Not enough manpower. The guy who cared about it is gone.