Clever minds, what do you think?

Amy

• Moderators

Looking for feedback from our wonderfully creative community members... We are in the infancy of a Klipsch.com web redesign, and would like to make our site more edgy, personal, fun, informative, etc .... and we really want to integrate our 60+ years of history and robust heritage into the design as well as feature stories.

My question is, what do our fans want to see? What would be a cool design? Maybe a vintage ad from the archives to anchor the site?

Would you want contribute in some way (personal photos, articles, other?) I'd like to bring your ideas to the table, I know you guys have some good ones!

Keep in mind, this is for the main site -- not the forum. That is a different conversation.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Amy,

Honestly, I like it just as is................simple to operate around and find what you need.

I really like the Main site, because their is no "Flash" or Glitz, just the information needed to be presented.

too much change..........if it ain't broke, don't fixit..................JMHO.

You are doing a super job.

Thank You

I agree with Bill H. its great, easy to use and not confusing looking. I go to the Energy site and its just seems too mind blowing to me and I exit really quick. I like the existing one as you do change up the main ad every so often, and putting on there some ads of forums members setups and/or comments is a good idea, and any displays of Heritage items as well.

I've always thought the Klipsch site needs to get away from the overwhelming and somber black and tan. Many sites use fresher, brighter, more inviting reds, blues and green. Blues and greens are restful, and a little red can add freshness and excitement. Then, I suspect black speakers could present a pleasant contrast instead of just another part of a heavy scene. So much black is like a weight on the viewer, whereas it should be only a limited contrast.

Red should be used sparingly!

My $0.02.

IMHO only.

Main site seems to be a little too "busy", and there are some issues with text display sizing, etc. A new design should allow for automatic re-sizing to suit different monitors and displays. If I were the designer....... I would have the main page as clean as possible, sort of an entry "portal" that has a really nice picture(s) of a featured product, company logo and a mission statement, etc.

Entry past that "portal" presents the user with a series of choices (products) on a side bar to the left, and other non-product "topics" (forums, tech support, company info, trade show information, etc.) on a sidebar on the right, leaving the center section as large as possible for a particular product animated display GIF, etc.

Just some thoughts.

IMHO only.

Main site seems to be a little too "busy", and there are some issues with text display sizing, etc. A new design should allow for automatic re-sizing to suit different monitors and displays. If I were the designer....... I would have the main page as clean as possible, sort of an entry "portal" that has a really nice picture(s) of a featured product, company logo and a mission statement, etc.

Entry past that "portal" presents the user with a series of choices (products) on a side bar to the left, and other non-product "topics" (forums, tech support, company info, trade show information, etc.) on a sidebar on the right, leaving the center section as large as possible for a particular product animated display GIF, etc.

Just some thoughts.

I can certainly agree with that. The main Klipsch.com page has been just plain unreadable on my Macintosh using Safari for years. Somewhat better using Firefox, but still a mess. This only website I have ever found that was not compatible with Safari. I even had Apple support look at it one time and they were baffled also. Said there was some non-standard coding in there and that they had never seen. I would think any company would want to make their home page on the net as inclusive of platforms and browsers as possible. But, I guess not. I have reported this and sent you screen shots in the past.

Bob Crites

Ok...

You can have a Palladium for example, as your main page. It will be a large image.

You can click onto the "woofer" section for home speakers, crossover section for the forum (networking), squawker for general site entrance, tweeter to hear what Amy has been screeching about lately... [A]

(I never said I was clever)

• Moderators

Here's a thought out of left field.....

How about stopping the person "cameltoe@rock.com" from sending his emails to join his site...Is he part of Klipsch ? Does Klipsch allow this sort of thing if so can I send out emails soliciting joining my site ????

Please see my post in Announcements...

No, we do not "allow" it. I'll look into it.

Back on topic, remember, this is about the main site, not the forum.

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far!

One thing could be, add pictures of the backs of the speakers and possible the mounting points. Far to often people are asking how to mount the speaker, this would be great to show a stock picture and give them a few options.

I also agree to make it simple, with the information and links down the sides. Then changing out the main picture with something new, or current offers and such.

James

I like the home page and have no problem navigating it . Maybe some more pics in the garage section like the old ; you hardley notice a Heresy until you turn it on advertisement , with the cat jumping back .

I would like to see the base prices listed for the professional speakers . Just for daydreaming .

I just looked at your main site. It looks like an audio sales site like tigerdirect or something like that (at least it "feels" that way).

That is not necessairily bad. But check out some of the other high end manufacturer's sites, their main pages are much simpler and give the feel of extensive research and engineering. Something more like that as a main page with a 1950's K Horn and a Palladium may be more in tune. Old PWK handwritten plans juxtaposed with camputer generated plans would give a "heritage" feel with major development along the way. Maybe with a backwash of photos from an ancient looking lab used in the 50's and todays high tech klipsch lab.

A timeline across the top with photo icons of your speakers should also be considered. One click to important dates in Klipsch history. Include PWK speaking at symposiums, the LaScala development, etc. The first K Horn, other Heritage models, famous musicians, tours and studios using the products in the past and present.

Links to all of your old adds are always really interesting too, you can put these in the sub screen in the timeline. You will want to include teh pilgrimage to show how dedicated your following is. Interviews with your designers is a good idea too. One thing that is also interestign is seeing photos of teh speakers being built. Old photos and new ones is always kind of cool.

Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

I agree with some that it is a fine site as is, and my Mac seems to work just fine with it aside from only being able to write in one long never ending paragraph here on the forum. I also agree that it could use some softening to make it look less retail as tigerwoodkhorns points out. Whatever the new design, I ask that it not be too over the top graphically as those sites (I'm thinking some audio and car manufacturers websites) tend to take forever to download. And please, no slow loading dreamy picture that I must wait to come into focus as I impatiently wait to hit the Skip Intro button. Those websites make me less likely to surf around for new products. My thinking is: if a company did not perfect their website, what's the chances they perfected their product?

My question is, what do our fans want to see? What would be a cool design? Maybe a vintage ad from the archives to anchor the site?

Retro is always cool especially with the ads Klipsch has run in the past. Very cool stuff.

I think it would be cool to have a Dope From Hope section devoted to informing the public about horns like the original Dope From Hope aimed to do.

As for the forum an ignore function would be great [:D]

Good luck with the re-launch.

IMHO only.

Just some thoughts.

These were my thoughts also after viewing the site page. It looks too much like a newspaper add or flyer. Need to focus on one thing on the main page then have links to other areas. Maybe using the artwork from the poster/t-shirt as part of it?