PWK and Me

Mallette

• 2 weeks later...

Nice story Dave, we had tried to talk DrBill into writing a book but never could, I think his biggest problem was his relationship to Mr Paul, many of the conversations were in confidence and the line between that and friends was a little blurry.

This sounds a little too secret agent-y to me. Are we supposed to believe that PWK prefaced all of his conversations with Now don't put what I am about to tell you in a book! He died some time ago what's the problem.

Nice story Dave, we had tried to talk DrBill into writing a book but never could, I think his biggest problem was his relationship to Mr Paul, many of the conversations were in confidence and the line between that and friends was a little blurry.

This sounds a little too secret agent-y to me. Are we supposed to believe that PWK prefaced all of his conversations with Now don't put what I am about to tell you in a book! He died some time ago what's the problem.

Not so. PWK was a bit eccentric. For instance he routinely wore three wristwatches.

• Moderators

Nothing secret agent-y about it, not sure of the religion but he was one of PWK's preachers, that made some of the conversations between them personal and possibly hard to recall which were public and which were private.

No need to imply anything else.

• Moderators

Klipsch%20-%20La%20Scala%20flyer%20pg15.

This is something I did not know that La Scala was for theatre and commercial systems, NOT HOME. I wonder when PWK decided to sell them for home systems?

SOUND FAMILIAR...............I guess they did not exist either until they went into home use ?

Nothing secret agent-y about it, not sure of the religion but he was one of PWK's preachers, that made some of the conversations between them personal and possibly hard to recall which were public and which were private.

Oh gimme a break!!! Sheeesh!!! You don't think any intelligent guy could figure out the difference between some personal problem that's nobody's business and a funny story???

You're going to have to argue a LOT better than that to convince anyone with more than a room temperature IQ.

BR, with all due respect, you may not fully understand the classical concept of "honor." It is not an argument amongst those who have it, but an absolute. Having met one (PWK) briefly and Dr. Bill in much greater depth, I believe I can say both these men were men of honor in the finest tradition of the American south. It is not a question of deciding what is a confidence and what is a funny story, it's a question of not deciding.

BTW, it is 72 in here.

Dave

Mr. Mallette you are offering an entirely different rationale, to wit, no book should ever be published of reminiscences of friends, especially honorable Southern friends. The argument I addressed was "many of the conversations were in confidence and the line between that and friends was a little blurry."

To address your rationale (or excuse), I would call your attention to the genre known as BIOGRAPHY. I wonder how many biographies have been written about honorable Southern gentlemen? I wonder if even one of said biographies does not include reminiscences of friends and amusing anecdotes.

Dr. Bill & PWK were Episcopalian.

Which reminds me of a song that one of my co-workers wrote. It' sabout an Episcopaleontologist...

"When not studying fossils, he's reading the Acts of the Apostles...." It goes something like that, and would fit on w Weird Al cd with no problem.

• Moderators

Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do

Arky I am not all that religious and I defiantly don't know any Latin, it is on BR's line on the bottom of his post and it just hit me as a little hypocritical for a trouble maker.

Although he knows exactly what he is doing, trying to aggravate people. such a waste of energy on people who could be good friends and would go out of there way to help him.