I Miss My Cornwalls!

jdm56

I was dubbing some old home movies from 8mm onto DVD-R the other night and came across some footage from 1990-92. And there, reappearing right before my eyes due to the magic of magnetic tape, was my old '85 Cornwalls, radiant in all their oak oil / cane grilled glory. I sold'em way to cheap and I do miss them. Of course, I've got my LS2s' and no place for another pair of big speakers...unless the Mrs. would let me put them in the front room. With the economy the way it is right now, there's no way she'd go for that, though.[:(] Oh well, I'll wait and maybe when things perk up she'll come around (the corns were her favorite) and I can find a nice pair somewhere...

...Dreaming is good!

So, what speakers do you miss the most?

I really wish I had kept a pair of JBL-4311's

I'm not letting mine go...ok?

Seriously, I will keep mine, but I do want to do some crossover mods on mine. They don't have an inductor on the woofer, for instance. It's just inconvenient to pull them out. Maybe I can pull the crossover, plug the holes and have the wires run outside the cab. while I tweak.

Bruce

So how does one dub 8mm to DVD-R? What do you need to do it?

Keep dreaming and it will come true.

AV output on 8mm camcorder to front panel AV input of DVD recorder! Piece of cake, as they say. But it is pretty slow because you can only dub in real time. On the plus side, I get to stroll down memory lane for two hours per tape.

"I Miss My Cornwalls!"

of course you do, most guys around here who sell Cornwalls end up missing them. There is no other Klipsch speaker in my memory that conjures up the amount of sheer 'I wish I hadn't' than Cornwalls.

Me, I don't miss nothing. Except my sanity. [:^)]

Michael

Funny this topic should come up. I'm getting ready to head to my beach house tomorrow morning to set up my new Belles and to say goodbye to the '83 Cornwalls. Now of course I still have the Cornwalls at home so I won't be completely without. I will now have 3 separate 2 channel heritage systems with Khorns, Cornwalls and now Belles. Is that nuts? Nevermind. I'm asking folks who think it's normal to own 53 pairs of giant horn speakers.[:S]

I can't imagine I won't love the Belles and yes, they are beautiful. There's something about Cornwalls though.........

So how does one dub 8mm to DVD-R? What do you need to do it?

Keep dreaming and it will come true.

AV output on 8mm camcorder to front panel AV input of DVD recorder! Piece of cake, as they say. But it is pretty slow because you can only dub in real time. On the plus side, I get to stroll down memory lane for two hours per tape.

I thought y'all meant 8mm film. My brother and I have some 8mm and Super 8 movie reels I'd like to get digitized some day...

I'm such a dinosaur.