Volvo V70....Any thoughts?

Tarheel

Since it appears this thread is not going to die a natural death I will post an update. Called the salesman and asked if he could get the car washed and gassed up by Thursday morning and he advised that was in the realm of possibilities. So I am going to give it a once over at 10:00 am and the little lady will show up at 10:30 with her old car, car title and a check.

Once they spiffy the car up they pull it into a part of the showroom for dramatic effect. Hopefully they won't applaud and take pictures like the Saturn dealer did years ago. Wifey found that picture while cleaning out the glove compartment today[:$]

So if you want to know what car we are getting next........pm me in about nine more years[;)]

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wifey found that picture while cleaning out the glove compartment todayEmbarrassed Thanks for the Laugh !

I'd forgotten about that ...........Who says things don't come back to Haunt you ! Good Luck and thanks for the Update.

Hopefully your dealings with the Volvo Dealer will be Few and much less Dramatic, then This !

post-4626-1381944625328_thumb.jpg

Man I must be a pain to deal with. I want the car cheap, perfect, washed, and gassed up. The poor salesman is probably making 50 cents on the deal or chipping in 50.....who knows.

I remember trying to buy a jeep here in town right before buying the Saturn. We found a used Wagoneer for $15,000 that we liked so I told the sales guy to have it cleaned and filled up and I would come for it in the am. He replied that the dealership only puts $3 worth of gas in a used car. So I said "you mean if I buy that new $10,000 Dodge Stratus you will fill it up but if I buy the $15,000 Jeep you will put in $3 worth? Yep thats our policy. So the next am I went back to the dealer and the car was still at a quarter tank and had not been washed.........(supply your own ending)[6]

I forgot about the "delivery" from the Volvo dealer.

They had it inside on a pretty marble floor and nice dramatic lighting on it and a "certificate" with my wife and my son's name on it.

The inside thing was actually nice- it was cold here in Michigan when we got it, but after years and years of driving Fords, the "showyness" thing was kind of wierd.

One of the things you are going to find strange is that you have to pull the inside door handle twice to exit the car if the doors are locked. I found this very odd.

And the light switch is strange. The headlights (and taillights) are on all the time, it only seems to change the dashboard/stereo/climate control lighting when it senses darkness. In the left position, all lights are on all the time and the bright lights will flash. Center position the lights are off but not automatic and the right position all lights are on all the time , but it allows you to leave the brights on.

Did you get the 3.2 or the T6?

Its the 3.2.....more than enough power for her. Picking it up this am. A llittle sad to see the Saturn go. After nine years its almost a family member[:(]

Does anyone give their car a name? I remember a friend from college called his Falcon "brocolli" for some reason I don't recall.

Ask your Wife..............

Since it sounds like she will be the Principal driver................(till you ask, Honey can I borrow the Volvo)...............

You really don't want to name her "Old Girl"..........specially........when riding with your Wife !

If you got the Black color you wanted...............you could always just call her "Blackie"...........which would work with the "Tarheel" Avatar...............:>)

The inside thing was actually nice- it was cold here in Michigan when we got it, but after years and years of driving Fords, the "showyness" thing was kind of wierd.

bhenry.....I know what you mean. We were sort of [:$] at the Saturn dealer but it was all well intended. They were attempting to be a different kind of car company and I appreciate that. I really can't say anything negative about the Saturn or the dealership. Service was affordable and the car reliable. Had they continued to make a wagon we may have bought another one. Wifey just didn't want anything she had to step up in like the Vue and I wanted something safe for her. Now it looks like Saturn is going to vanish in the near future[:(]

At this point I am just glad the purchasing process is over!!!!

The wife is very happy. She spent an hour going over features with the salesman. I took a few pics in the showroom but don't have the camera here. The seats apparently have memory depending on what key is used to open the car. I haven't had a chance to do any more than take a quick look.

I did see something that caught my eye at the dealer. Someone had just traded a 2006 Porsche Cayman on a Hyundai Genesis! Very nice but just dreaming. Actually I am content with the company car that I don't have to pay for, insure, or pay for gas[:)]

If used buy around the timing belt change and serpentine belt. Mileage around 70 some recommend, instead of the maker at 105k. Save a k! Highly responsive steering!

Have a metallic green V70, with 140k, and knock on wood but, heck of a road/local machine! GF's hand is healing and she is getting behind the wheel slowly, since her accident. She likes it and feels safe.

Oldtimer- DO NOT---Repeat--- DO NOT Test drive a Cayman unless you have your checkbook ready.

I did and bought one within the month. I changed the chrome accents to all black and added a Borla exhaust.

It is a mid engine rocket on steriods. Razor sharp handling. Complete control at the limit. Blindingly stupid fast.

No service issues period. Best car that I have ever owned.

Be afraid- stay away from them- they will get your money.

Winchester......thats the last thing I need to do. That Titanium grey Cayman is calling my name but I just bought the V70.....can't stimulate the whole economy alone. The Volvo is a fine car.....I drove it to Wrightsville Beach with the sunroof open and the Nighthawks Jacks and Kings turnd up a little. Good stuff.

I think Oldtimer needs to drive one and report back[6]