New member of the 300B Club

BS Button

The 300B is #1 on my favorite tube list. In the right SET amp is down right intoxicating. The 3D soundstage was something I quickly became addicted to and later missed as I tried other topologies. Other topologies have their strengths as well but that sound stage is my fave. Congrats can't wait to hear more from you about them.

The 3D soundstage was something I quickly became addicted to and later missed

You make an interesting point.

I'm still trying to figure out if I experienced the placebo affect or if this was real... (I'm using 300B on top horn, K2 on bottom...sweet sound, will some 'tude!)

I had Roger Waters, In the Flesh playing. Of the 3 backup gals, they not only came out of the right side BUT, I could distinguish that one of them was "right there" (as I point my finger to a point in my room). Then, as the next one sang her part, you could tell that she was standing next to the first one and the sound moved over just enough differentiate the two gals standing side by side (as I point one body width to the right)

Later, I had Simon/Garfunkel "Old Friends" playing (but this one WAS a video, first one was simply CD)

As they were singing, I felt as though you could distinguish that Garfunkle was on the left AND was taller than Simon. They both had a mic, so I'm hoping the mix of mics helped do that... then again....was it because I was seeing it that made me think that?

I don't know that I've ever been able to distinguish when two singers side by side, have a height difference...therefore, I want to mess around more with it. It was pretty cool though. Clearly, a sweet sounding amp and this is with EH-300B's in it. I don't have the W.E. 300B's in (and doubt I will) Chris told me he found sonic bliss when he put the Western Electric 300B's in this amp.

Cornman, I'm not sure I'm totally understanding your question... I think the time delay is a situation involving the two different horns and not different amps. Perhaps you mean the input sensativity difference?

If you DO mean time delay, it's simple... the Dx38 allows for that internally so it's at a touch of a button. I've had it bypassed and can't hear a great difference (nor could the two others with me, JC and Mark1101). Maybe I didn't bypass it correctly... regardless, only tried once.

If you mean input sensativity, then it's the same answer. The Dx38 allows for attenuating the more sensative amp so I can bring it down to match the lessor amp.

Ah-so, I think I got it now. I did not realize you were using the dx38, I thought you were using the Crown with the internall active crossover. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Just trying to get my self prepared for that wonderfull day when I can own Jubilees also.

Cornman

I did not realize you were using the dx38, I thought you were using the Crown with the internall active crossover

Ahhhhhhhh... so now we can let this thread get back on track with appropriate accolades directed towards [bs] Button!

[:P]

Again, welcome to the club!

Later, I had Simon/Garfunkel "Old Friends" playing (but this one WAS a video, first one was simply CD)

As they were singing, I felt as though you could distinguish that Garfunkle was on the left AND was taller than Simon. They both had a mic, so I'm hoping the mix of mics helped do that... then again....was it because I was seeing it that made me think that?

I don't know that I've ever been able to distinguish when two singers side by side, have a height difference...therefore, I want to mess around more with it. It was pretty cool though. Clearly, a sweet sounding amp and this is with EH-300B's in it. I don't have the W.E. 300B's in (and doubt I will) Chris told me he found sonic bliss when he put the Western Electric 300B's in this amp.

Artie is only a couple of feet taller than Paul. A friend of mine was at a restaurant in Baltimore years ago and Simon was a few tables away. He was sitting on one of those booster chairs for kids.