Update - The best in professional support from Klipsch

hulkss

I purchased four Klipsch in-ceiling speakers Model KS-7502-THX and KL-7502-THX for surround and back channel use. They sell for $1000 each at authorized dealers.

I suffered a power amp failure which put high voltage DC into two of them. The woofers were instantly toast. So I contacted Klipsch to buy replacement drivers. I figure the small 5.25" woofers will be easy to replace.

Here is the response from Klipsch: "Thank you for contacting Klipsch. Unfortunately, we do not have replacement drivers available for this model. I apologize for any inconvenience. Travis Turner, KlipschGroup Inc. Parts Dept.

I got the same answer from customer service by email and telephone. They actually expect me to buy 2 complete new speakers?

This is [bs] I'm trying to buy parts here, not get them for free.

UPDATE

Well......Klipsch employees actually pay attention to these forums and acted quickly to rectify this situation. Amy Unger contacted the Klipsch Warehouse and located some units that replacement parts could be pulled from. Klipsch will also perform the repair to verify that all is well incase any other components were damaged by the overload. All at a very fair price I might add.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really sorry to hear this but it is unlike Klipsch to treat there customers that way.

One of the main reason you will find so many klipsch fans in this forum is because of there outstanding customers service, may be you have a miscommunication with there rep or you are not asking the correct question.

I contacted Klipsch Customer Service on the telephone after the disappointing email reply. They said my only option was to buy new speakers. I have been a big Klipsch fan for many years. All I want is some spare parts. I already have the fried drivers out of the enclosures.

Here's a look at the main speakers I am using the ceiling speakers with.

Posted Image

The ceiling speakers are the two side surrounds and the two rear speakers in a 7.1 speaker system (not visible in photo). The center LaScala II is sitting on top of an Infinite Baffle subwoofer that uses the crawl space below for a back chamber. There are 4 15" drivers with a total of 12 liters of linear displacement.

Yes that is the screen rolled up. It is acoustically transparent and rolls down in front of the LaScala. I think I need to trade it in for a wider model.

Posted Image

Wow we might have a new reference room here for Heritage! Artto look out!

Where are u from?

Why not use Heritage for side n rear surrounds as well?

Can u enlighten us with your room dimensions and equipment you use?

What was the room designed for this or did you re design it for this? How far back, and what type of seats do you use?

Pretty safe to say you have a perf screen too? How Big?

What was the La Scala mod as well? We have seen some wild variations on here...

BTW, Amy is your friend, not your enemy. She will look into this for you, she has helped a lot of us through our own trials with Klipsch.

Let's see what she, (and Klipsch) comes up with.

BTW, your 2-3 posts in here.... A lot of "Klipsch Fanatics" might be able to help you now or down the line too.. Let us get to know you as well...

Another Heritage theater convert here! Welcome to the madness!

Roger...

I apologize for the fustration. If we do not make parts available for a certain model, there is typically a good reason for it. I'll do some digging tomorrow to find out why for you.

Thanks. I toned down my first post. I should not have written it right after reading the "no parts available" email. Good luck finding me some parts

BTW, Amy is your friend, not your enemy.  She will look into this for you, she has helped a lot of us through our own trials with Klipsch.

Let's see what she, (and Klipsch) comes up with. 

Yes, that's is for sure. I'll start another post about the theater room.

I was never a fan of the quickie boilerplate emails. They could offer a bit more explanation.

The reasons for not carrying parts for ALL of the in wall and in ceiling speakers might be difficulty in inventorying them, obtaining spares from suppliers, the difficulty in making the repairs or all of the above.

Any 7xxx series speaker should still be under warranty with your dealer if you feel that there is a flaw in your speakers. Have you gone that route yet? If bought from an unauthorized dealer, that is unfortunate. EDIT, I see, there was an amp failure that is unfortunate indeed.

More importantly, those speakers seem terrifically undersized for your application and I would imagine that with all four blown out that it was not a manufacturing defect but that they were all overdriven. Given the rest of your fantastic system and volume of the room, I'd have to guess that was the case.

I'd consider hanging KPT model pro surrounds in such a grand space as you have. Are wall mounted speakers an option at all?

Michael

More importantly, those speakers seem terrifically undersized for your application and I would imagine that with all four blown out that it was not a manufacturing defect but that they were all overdriven. Given the rest of your fantastic system and volume of the room, I'd have to guess that was the case.

OP said: "I suffered a power amp failure which put high voltage DC into two of them."

Which explains what happened with the speaker....yes?

OP said: "I suffered a power amp failure which put high voltage DC into two of them."

Which explains what happened with the speaker....yes?

Ah, understand the reason for failure. IMHO they're still very undersized for that room, depending on what the desired SPL is for HT application. They're trying to keep up with Klipschorns. That's a big order for any in wall/in ceiling speaker.

• Moderators

I suffered a power amp failure which put high voltage DC into two of them. The woofers were instantly toast.

I'm assuming you need two 5.25" woofers only, correct?

We do not stock these parts separately since we usually replace the entire part under warranty. Because they are hooked up on breaker, we rarely see damage like this.

That said, I am looking into what we can do for you.

Thank you!