Recommend me some fairly new horror movies

Kain

• 1 month later...

Horror movies, like the cheap graphic gore that is supposed to scare the pants of women? Doesn’t fool me.

Like the original Saw? I liked that one.

Yet, I like the underlying strangeness of The Others, with the always great Nicole Kidman: A woman who lives in a darkened old house with her two photosensitive children becomes convinced that her family home is haunted.

You will want to lock your door after seeing Liv Tyler in The Strangers.

For a teenager vampire movie, Twilight deserves its recent buzz. But is it a horror movie? The excellently cast Interview with a Vampire is more disturbing.

From the creators of the awesome sci-fi thriller, The Re-animator, comes the just plain gruesome The Dentist, with Corbin Bernsen.

Signourney Weaver’s Alien still scared me recently.

I liked An American Werewolf in London.

Also The Return of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1994) with Renée Zellweger and Matthew McConaughey!

Although not a horror movie per se, the shocking violence and acting in David Cronenberg’s A History of Violence is excellent. And that brings to mind the savagery of Mel Gibson’s The Passion of the Christ and his Apocalypto.

I guess none of these are gory They scare with down right realism.

Hell, add Hotel Rwanda to that list too.

How about Se7en, does that count as horror?

• 4 weeks later...

I like vintage italian horror better than most of the new stuff. Someone showed me a japense horror cult movie that was absolutly horrifying to me. It was offensive, disturbing, disgusting, disfuntional, extreme, weird, terrible, and to say it is in poor taste is an understatement. The movie was "visitor q" it will shock disturb and generally gross out anyone. If you are not adversly affected by this movie you may be a psychopath.

I'd rather watch Femdom From Space.