Back In Black

toddvj

So, I got a new TV a few weeks back. My old TV was silver, and my components were a mix of black and silver. Since I got the new TV, which is black, I have been obsessed with making the rest of my components black. I just put the final touches on with a new TiVo. Check it out!

I've got a Wii, and I purchased a black 'skin' for it, but I have an entire replacement case on the way. The skin doesn't cover the right hand side.

allblack.jpg

I have never liked the silver look, who's idea was that? All of my components are black except the cable box. It drives me nuts. I may put it in the closet with the cable box for my TV in the kitchen and get it the h-e-double hockey sticks out of my rack.

Or get a TiVo, like I did. I get all my cable channels, except the On-Demand stuff.

I was actually toying with the idea (more than toying actually, I placed bids) of buying a used cable box off ebay so I could paint it, and replace the case of my rental box. The TiVo solution was much easier, and I got it for about $50.00 off at Circuit City's liquidation sale.

Todd, just out of curiosity, how is the vocals with the center on the lower shelf of your stand? I have been thinking of doing that with my setup. With my stand I have to leave the grill off the RC7 so that it fits.

Works great for me. I couldn't fit it on the upper shelf, so I took out the shelf, put the speaker on a stand and angled it upward. I think I have it aimed pretty well at ear level [:)]

I have a Sony KDS-XBR1 60 " with the factory stand, so i had to mount my RC7 on a TV stand above the TV. After several very accurate measurements, I have it so the bottom of th RC7 sits about 2 inches above the top of the TV. It works fine, but I would rather have been able to put the RC7 below the TV. I suppose mostly because for looks, as I have no idea if there is much of sound difference.

One more photo. I got my replacement Wii case yesterday, and spent last night putting it together. This was no small undertaking. You have to take the entire thing apart, there must have been 100 tiny screws! Anyway, here it is:

post-4951-13819454522276_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

You can get Wii cases in many different colors.

Link

AVAILABLE COLOUR OPTIONS:

Pink Chrome (Pink Geisha)

Clear Blue (Sapphire Nodashi)

Blue Chrome (Blue Bushido)

Red Chrome (Red Ronin)

Green Chrome (Green Tanto)

Clear Acrylic (Stealth Assassin)

Silver Chrome (Silver Shuriken)

Black Chrome (Black Katana)

Ouch! I paid too much for mine. I got mine from consoleshop.com. It was the Black Knight case. Like I said, it was no small feat to assemble, not what I expected at all. I had about a half-dozen screws left over after I was finished, but it works! [:D]