Get yourself a piece of the Rock

bhendrix

I bought a Klipsch AWR-650-SM for the yard and am surprised (though I shouldn't be) at how good these little guys are. They have a surprisingly good low end punch and seemingly very w i d e dispersion that is perfect for outdoor use.

If you need/want tunes outdoors around the patio, the pool, or the deck, I heartily recommend these!! Trey and team have done a great job with these.

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/awr-650-sm.aspx

No affiliation, yada, yada, yada . . . . . . .[;)]

post-16963-13819456165666_thumb.jpg

Glad you're enjoying The Rock Bill! We ran sprinklers and garden hoses on them at Klipsch, dropped them off the building, and ran a couple outdoors for a season or two and couldn't manage to injure the durned things. The port is an upturned tube so it's nearly impossible to get water into in and it would take about 3 inches internally before it would affect performance (by getting in the woofie voice coil). Trey gpt the bass tuned just right and they have very solid frequency response. To boot, they actually look like a real rock, and are available in granite, sandstone, and brick colors to blend with any landscape design.

I have a couple of them here at The House of Klipsch and they're wonderful. Just about 170 degrees dispersion from what I can tell. And remember that they're a dual voice coil woofer with twin tweeters so you can hook up just ONE Rock to a stereo source and enjoy the tunes.

I'm going to have two hooked up in reverse and facing each other from across my new outdoor living space so there will be stereo tunes no matter where you go!

Rock On !

Michael

• Moderators

Good choice Bill, at the pilgrimage in Indy a couple years ago they had one out in the back yard playing, I pulled a chair up and listened for a while. It was not the boomy sound you usually get out of the outdoor ground speakers they had a really nice sound, I think they are each stereo so you don't even need a pair.

at the pilgrimage in Indy a couple years ago they had one out in the back yard playing, I pulled a chair up and listened for a while.

That's funny, I did the same thing Eldon. They were so good that I bought them. These sound much more pleasing in my application, being placed away from the patio and pointing back to it, than the outdoor speakers mounted up overhead under the soffit.

With the Rock, I can have background music and still be able to carry on a conversation, or, I can turn them up and these little guys will crank. Most excellent design!!

Hey Eldon, you're a landscape designer! Are you a dealer/distributor for these yet?? Have you installed any of these in your client's projects?? Let's get busy . . . . .

• Moderators

Hey Eldon, you're a landscape designer! Are you a dealer/distributor for these yet?? Have you installed any of these in your client's projects?? Let's get busy . . . . .

Never used any in the landscape, kind of forced into somewhat retirement we do very few jobs anymore. I never talked about it here but .....My Mother lost one leg from the knee down about 6 months ago from Diabetes, she is also 80 % blind. We told her we would not put her in a home so, we sold our house to our daughter ( we all still live here ) and we watch her here during the day and my sister one mile away takes her at night. I would want someone to do it for me, so the least I could do is do the same for my mother. My daughter was not planing on moving anyway and would have ended up with the house in the long run.

I never talked about it here but .....My Mother lost one leg from the
knee down about 6 months ago from Diabetes, she is also 80 % blind. We
told her we would not put her in a home so, we sold our house to our
daughter ( we all still live here ) and we watch her here during the
day and my sister one mile away takes her at night. I would want
someone to do it for me, so the least I could do is do the same for my
mother.

Good 4 you. Maybe in heaven you get this guys job? LOL

post-5910-13819456248492_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

I thought the outdoor speakers for Eldom were the MCM's LOL

All I have to do is put that rock looking texture in them to hide them a little, instead of rock speakers they would be boulder speakers.