Feedback for GotHover

nu2toobs

I received these nice horns today, and I must say the packing was great. Better yet the sound seems to be a definate improvement with my Lascala's and type A 4500hz networks.

No ear bleed at higher levels, yayyyy! I'm sure proper crossovers will help, but I'm happy for now.

post-27505-13819464401072_thumb.jpg

Congrats nu2toobs, these horns are a big improvement over stock. I've run them with k55's, 902's, and now 2470's. They easily beat the k400's and 511's. I have one side of my set-up together (tweaked the x-over a bit last night). Tweets will go above mids w/drivers aligned - sounds much better in that config. Also need to rout an opening for the trachorns. Thanks againGothover, still enjoying them.

post-26908-13819464412126_thumb.jpg

Also need to rout an opening for the trachorns

If you are taking out your original LS baffle for the mid and tweeter, or just routing it out, be aware that there are ring nails holding the piece in place. I'm not sure how long they are, but it sure wouldn't do a router bit much good to hit a few nails along the way.

He is good.

There is another horn developing on the horizon...and a rediculous one will come soon.....only for the horn lover who has lost his mind...

Bruce.....you will have something in the mail soon....not a horn though...

jc

If you are taking out your original LS baffle for the mid and tweeter, or just routing it out, be aware that there are ring nails holding the piece in place. I'm not sure how long they are, but it sure wouldn't do a router bit much good to hit a few nails along the way.

The height of the horn is such that the top and bottom of the stock tweeter and mid (respectively) cut outs are on the money so I was thinking of following those lines, but I'm betting there's nails coming in on either side of the tweeter cut-out. Might have to go another rout(e).

Nothing a Sawsall couldn't handle

The height of the horn is such that the top and bottom of the stock tweeter and mid (respectively) cut outs are on the money so I was thinking of following those lines, but I'm betting there's nails coming in on either side of the tweeter cut-out. Might have to go another rout(e).

[:D]

• 2 months later...

If you are looking for a jigsaw, I recommend the bosch brand saw and blades. They have a fine cut blade that makes the cleanest jigsaw cut I have ever seen with a quality that is very close to my 14" band saw. They dull quicker than some blades but the cut quality is worth it.