Ebay alert! PWK 's Linn Sondek LP-12 Turntable with Klipsch Cartridge

Amy

• Moderators

From the description: Auction is for (1) turntable, good working condition. This
was used during the mid-70’s and early 80’s at Klipsch & Associates
for critical listening. Paul Klipsch (and everyone there at the time)
used it regularly. The cartridge is a Klipsch Boron cantilever. This
has been in storage for over 25 years. After a brief “warm up”, it
came up to speed and performed well. The cartridge requires a
matching transformer (not included). The tone arm is a Linn Basik LV
X. The base has some scratching which should clean up with minimum
effort. The cover is removed. One of the hinges is broken so it won’t
stay in the up position. All hardware is included.

Good luck forum members!

cover.jpg

• Moderators

Amy, is this your listing?

Yes, I listed this for Klipsch. I was told today that the money we make from the few auctions we will have for vintage equipment will go towards maintaining the bulk of the museum pieces.

Was this the same table/arm/pickup Klipsch used at the CES shows in Chicago in the 1980's, using Mark Levinson electronics?

This would be a major addition to the heavy-duty PWK collector. Even more so than the Jiffy Slicer (if you can believe it). Of course, the Holy Grail for theserious PWK aficianado would be Miss Valerie's hand in marriage. I think only Tony Reed has a legitimate shot at that one. Naturally there are many hoops he'd have to jump through to pull that one off (including the hoop Tony's wife would likely use to strangle him).

Of Miss Valerie??

That's funny,......but Michael has already seen the industrial version of Mrs Valerie ! Zip it!

A day that will live in Infamy! Gawd, of all I've done around here, that my mark in history is that I was called out by PWK's wife for all that is 'wrong' with the company today...geesh

• Moderators

Of Miss Valerie??

That's funny,......but Michael has already seen the industrial version of Mrs Valerie ! Zip it!

A day that will live in Infamy! Gawd, of all I've done around here, that my mark in history is that I was called out by PWK's wife for all that is 'wrong' with the company today...geesh

Just a small mark, how many people can say they got chewed on by PWK's wife ???? You had shown a lot of respect that day, and just for the record my money was on you, I think you could have took her if it came down to it ! [:$]