Stereophile Mag Says Palladium AOK!

russ69

I went out to the mailbox and found my "last" issue of Stereophile (June 2009) in the mail - and was I shocked to see, printed in large green letters, LOUD + CLEAR - Klipsch 's Palladium P-39 on the cover, along with a huge shot of it front and center! I took a quick look and it sounds like a winning effort.

Congratulations Klipsch!

This looks like a very favorable review, even by Stereophile's standards. All the 2-D and 3-D curves looked smoother than most as I remember them, although I didn't see a "waterfall" plot. Phillips emphasized the ambiance, musical involvement, and naturalness of its sound, particularly with vocalists such as k.d. lang.

That fits with my very positive reaction to the accurate, natural way the P-37's (w/sub) repro'd classical music last summer and helped make my instrumental pointers clear to everyone in my classical "classes."

That fits with my very positive reaction to the accurate, natural way the P-37's (w/sub) repro'd classical music last summer and helped make my instrumental pointers clear to everyone in my classical "classes."

I listened to all (3) floorstander models at a dealer back in December. I thought the P-37 was the most natural and smoothest sounding of the line up. It was also the only one of the 3 running on tube gear (Mac.) The P-38 was my favorite of the 3 with a little fatter bottom end (more to my liking) but still pretty balanced and smooth, and it was hooked to a B&K home theater receiver (ugh.) The P-39 was honestly a big dissapointment for me. It was probably the room and set-up. It was not as balanced or smooth as the little brothers were and the bass response was poor in my opinion. It was hooked to a mega buck Krell SS set-up. I argued (kindly) with the salesmen about the port configuration. They were set-up with the ports firing in towards the center of the room and I felt if they were swapped around with the ports firing out towards the corners of the room that the bass response would pick up. He disagreed (kindly) even though the brochure showed them set up with the ports outward. I have hesitated to give my personnal review until now because I was expecting to be wowed by the high dollar P-39-F and I was not. All I got out of the trip was a greater appreciation for my sub 4K Cornwall / BBX / Dynaco / Thorens system.

I'm glad Stereophile gave a favorable review. That can only be good for Klipsch. The Palladium is just not for me I guess.

Jeremy

I must say, this review was the first thing I turned to when my Stereophile arrived today in the mail. It was real nice to see a Klipsch speaker on the cover and to read the laudatory review. I feel certain many on this forum will be delighted at this development and feel somewhat vindicated in their dedication to PWK and the company he founded. It's a great day in Klipsch country!

George Roland

You have to watch all us guys AND keep the dealers in line? Beware the all-seeing eye of Cyclops.............

She sees all AND hears all...

(you just knew I'd find a way to get her ear lobes brought into this)

[:|]

I don't think hornys need vindication or approval from the so called "high end" press. These people have been full of nonsense for 35 years and NOW they know what they're talking about?

Well not all hornys as you call them are created equal...