Do You All Have Black Horns??

oldenough

• Moderators

Edit:

Ok double post, that time out thing there talking about in general questions I think ? Every time I post it says timed out but when you go back it really did post ?

Or did I mean to paint two flames on them ?

It also did it when I edited this ?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

I like the Grey, is there any way to paint the top horn to match ? That horn looks much deeper in the Grey, it's kind of hard to see the depth with it black. I like it, so what did the boss say ?

I like the Grey, is there any way to paint the top horn to match ? That horn looks much deeper in the Grey, it's kind of hard to see the depth with it black. I like it, so what did the boss say ?

Thanks Dtel, the boss liked 'em. Your right, now instead of a "black Hole" you can tell it's a horn. I don't think I will paint/spray the tweeter as that will require taking it apart, and I don't want to do that again I just put in new diaphragms (thanks to Bob Crites).

That grey looks good, oldenough. Combined with the excellent wood finish, you've got a beautiful pair of La Scalas.

Was the inside of the horns as smooth as that when you got them, or did you do any filling-in? Mine are kind of a rough casting.

That grey looks good, oldenough. Combined with the excellent wood finish, you've got a beautiful pair of La Scalas.

Was the inside of the horns as smooth as that when you got them, or did you do any filling-in? Mine are kind of a rough casting.

Thanks Pat, the horns were pretty smooth inside, just gave them a rub over with some steel-wool.

• Moderators

Be careful on your choice...it could "color" the sound.

Could not help myself.

Yes they have a much lighter sound now not nearly as dark as before the modification, everyone in the house noticed the difference even from great distances. There was so much of a change if you get close enough even the air around the speaker smells different ! The only catch is only audiopile specialty paint is recommended it just flows in a way that it directs the sound waves to line up perfectly for a shocking difference in coloration, you have to see it to believe it !

The inventor of this breakthrough, Mr Oldenough is now marketing this special " upgrade " for the diy crowd for a very dramatic discount of only $89.99, but hurry he can't do this all day at these prices, and if you act now he will supply you with enough of the product to customize BOTH midrange horns for twice the effect ! Call now !

Be careful on your choice...it could "color" the sound.

Could not help myself.

Yes they have a much lighter sound now not nearly as dark as before the modification, everyone in the house noticed the difference even from great distances. There was so much of a change if you get close enough even the air around the speaker smells different ! The only catch is only audiopile specialty paint is recommended it just flows in a way that it directs the sound waves to line up perfectly for a shocking difference in coloration, you have to see it to believe it !

The inventor of this breakthrough, Mr Oldenough is now marketing this special " upgrade " for the diy crowd for a very dramatic discount of only $89.99, but hurry he can't do this all day at these prices, and if you act now he will supply you with enough of the product to customize BOTH midrange horns for twice the effect ! Call now !

Good-one Dtel....I guess it's no sillier than grounding yer woofers, Magic Pebbles or $11000 speaker cables. Wanna be my distributor I can get hold of ten boxes of Grey Engine Enamel right now.

• Moderators

Good-one Dtel....I guess it's no sillier than grounding yer woofers, Magic Pebbles or $11000 speaker cables. Wanna be my distributor I can get hold of ten boxes of Grey Engine Enamel right now.

I think this crowd is a tough bunch of tightwads and to smart for this, need to get with those people with all those magic pebbles and pyramid cable risers and that little clock that you can put in you room for magical differences, they can operantly sell anything. Just a question do you know how to remove oil from a snake ? It would come in handy in this business.

Actually, the original snake oil was from cold-water sea snakes and had some therapeutic effect. The scammers knew only that these Chinese apothecary types were making some money, so those patent-medicine sellers started using any kind of land snake they could catch to make compounds that they'd sell with wild promises and gave the whole snake-oil business a bad name which has lasted to this day.

Actually, the original snake oil was from cold-water sea snakes and had some therapeutic effect. The scammers knew only that these Chinese apothecary types were making some money, so those patent-medicine sellers started using any kind of land snake they could catch to make compounds that they'd sell with wild promises and gave the whole snake-oil business a bad name which has lasted to this day.

You never fail to impress me Pat, you have a great wealth of useless information. [;)]