Need help with a new config...

MistaChy

One last thing...

You keep mentioning key phrases like thump, ear bleeding levels, I think you need to concentrate on one area. I mean you are all over the place, bi-wire this, bi-amp that. At some point you will actually have to listen to your gear for longer than 2 hours and get a nice reference, otherwise you will never know what all these upgrades-or money- did for you. Good luck and hope you find what your looking for.

that could not have been said better. Nice post.[Y]

Not to be rude by any means but do you know exactly what your doing? You seem to have some awesome gear but do you have everything set up to max performance. Tweaking a receiver can make a world of difference and for the "thump" you are wanting i would upgrade the rw-12d to something a lot larger for your tastes

Not to be rude by any means but do you know exactly what your doing? You seem to have some awesome gear but do you have everything set up to max performance. Tweaking a receiver can make a world of difference and for the "thump" you are wanting i would upgrade the rw-12d to something a lot larger for your tastes

here is the issue... when i upgrade from my lil temporary 200 watt HKTS sub, i hope to get more boom. but what im lacking is the puchiness from the RF-82's... im used to having 15's that just shake your T-shirt with punch power. im old school but im trying to accomplish old school and save space at the same time. im sure it can be done.

the way i have it set up now, my 82's get loud, but they dont really have the punch i desire. i need to be able to feed them more juice and push them harder to get the power and umph! in your face!! that i need... thats why i either wanted to get a seperate amp to push the 83's (250 watts going in them) or try to run 4 fronts as i was wanting to do earlier, so i resorted back to what people were recommending which was seperates in the first place. so thats why i decided to maybe try a different set up than i have now to just test the waters and see what kind of sound i get. money isnt an issue, im just dabbling around to find what i desire out of all of this.

i got a good idea of what I want to do now, most of the posts here have been very helpful. if i dont get what i need from the amp in the marantz using the 83's, im almost certain that the emotiva xpa-2 pushing 250 into each rf-83 wont dissappoint me. as someone once said, the rf-82's and the rf-83's arnt in the same league.

the sound coming from my speakers need to make me feel the way this baby looks

funny-baby-picture-angry-baby.jpg

reading threads from other sites, i came across this

IMHO, Heavy and Punchy bass are kind of an oxymoron. Generally heavy bass tend to sound boomy or muddy whilst the tightest punchiest type speakers actually sound rather bass light compared to the usual fare - that is until you crank it in which case the punchy bass sounds much more powerful and in your stomach than the heavy or plodding room vibrating "heavy" bass.

I realize this all depends on how you define heavy...

i need to feel it in me

reading threads from other sites, i came across this

IMHO, Heavy and Punchy bass are kind of an oxymoron. Generally heavy bass tend to sound boomy or muddy whilst the tightest punchiest type speakers actually sound rather bass light compared to the usual fare - that is until you crank it in which case the punchy bass sounds much more powerful and in your stomach than the heavy or plodding room vibrating "heavy" bass.

I realize this all depends on how you define heavy...

i need to feel it in me

I have many hours(and $$$$$$) invested in this very issue. Heres my 2 cents worth. I prefer the BK-carver- Sunfire-Crown option of used outboards off e-bay Audiogon- or our garage. The bang for the buck is favorable. The Emotiva or Outlaw stuff is also a great choice. IMHO I dont hear a ton of difference between brands. Any decent clean power amp will work fine. Mixing brands is not a problem-IMHO. I had a loaner set of FR 83s for a few days before diving into the Heritage stuff. The RF 83s are fantastic speakers for HT applications. But IMHO they do sound much better with a load of power 200-250-300 watts. Tried them both ways. My personal favorite is the raw power of the carver/Sunfire line. You can pick these up cheap if you are patient. I think using the marantz as a pre out/ control unit is the right way to go. I have a Sony ES but would prefer the Marantz if I had it to do over. It is my opinion that receiver power is inadequate and grossly misrepresented by the manufacturers. 5 speakers- buy 5 outboards. I think you will end up with a killer setup - given your coments.

I have many hours(and $$$$$$) invested in this very issue. Heres my 2 cents worth. I prefer the BK-carver- Sunfire-Crown option of used outboards off e-bay Audiogon- or our garage. The bang for the buck is favorable. The Emotiva or Outlaw stuff is also a great choice. IMHO I dont hear a ton of difference between brands. Any decent clean power amp will work fine. Mixing brands is not a problem-IMHO. I had a loaner set of FR 83s for a few days before diving into the Heritage stuff. The RF 83s are fantastic speakers for HT applications. But IMHO they do sound much better with a load of power 200-250-300 watts. Tried them both ways. My personal favorite is the raw power of the carver/Sunfire line. You can pick these up cheap if you are patient. I think using the marantz as a pre out/ control unit is the right way to go. I have a Sony ES but would prefer the Marantz if I had it to do over. It is my opinion that receiver power is inadequate and grossly misrepresented by the manufacturers. 5 speakers- buy 5 outboards. I think you will end up with a killer setup - given your coments.

killer is exactly what im looking for

funny-baby-picture-angry-baby.jpg

Hey, they're top of the line and priced accordingly. Everybody who's heard the Palladiums seems to really like them, and that includes many forum members, including the handful that have bought them.

Odd as it may seem to us folks with "normal" budgets, in the high-end market (speakers, watches, cars, whatever), if something is priced too low, it's hard to sell. In certain overseas markets, some buyers weren't interested in Klipschorns because they "only" cost $7500 a pair. For those buyers, bragging rights and performance are equally important.

Back in the real world, according to the review in Stereophile, the P-39Fs are worth every penny and are just as good or better in some ways than a pair of $100,000 speakers that they were compared with.

If you're looking for some punch, I would recommend getting an Hsu MBM-12. http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/mbm-12.html

They provide TONS of mid-bass slam. I had one before I had my SVS Ultras and it was amazing for music and movies. Gave you that kick in the gut feeling. If you pair an MBM up with a subwoofer that can dig well below 20Hz you will thorougly enjoy the combo.