Anyone heard Pro Lascala?

MikeSt

If stock I think they have the K43 woofer in them (heavier duty). Part of the tradeoff of the heavier duty woofer is low end extension (or so I think that's the deal).

So, if you want them for HOME use and keep the volume sane, you might want to trade out for the K33 to buy a few extra db's at low output.

Otherwise, I think they are 99% the same??

"sounds like a PA speaker"

Well, that's what they were designed as.

" Are they just like regular Lascalas? "

Yes.

Some of them have the high power K43 woofer, but all have the same networks, mid and HF drivers, and sound substantially the same.

I recently sold my 1986 industrial tops with fiberglass and the aluminum trim. They had type AA networks and solder lug K55V (which I was not expecting to see as late as 1986).

This is a horn simulation program showing the difference between a K33 (grey) and K43 (black) in a LaScala sized cabinet.

Posted Image

Not enough difference to get excited about.

I've had mine for several years, my first Klipsch. They sound great to me, I have Chorus, Cornwall, Hersey and these and these are my main two channel speakers, at least till next Monday. I never used a sub, just never felt the need.

Tom