Is this a good deal?

jdotsu

On craiglist is a ad for the following equipment

Klipsch Professional Speakers
KP-110-B

PD8L Conditioned Power Distrubution Rack Illuminator

ROLLS Mic/Source Mixer (RM67)

JVC TD-W354 Double Cassette Deck (DDRP Dynamics Detection Recording Processor)

Sony Audio/Visual Control Center (Digital Cinema Sound Processing)

Seller claims to not have any knowledge about the equipment other than what is written on them and wants to sell everything for $100 I will have to drive 2 hours each way to pick up the equipment.

What do ya think?

The KP's are worth the $100, if they are in good shape, if he knows nothing about the stuff, he doesn't know if it works, I would make him plug stuff in and at least know it powers up before making the drive.

Exactly. I once read a review of a speaker on Epinions that was written by a burglar. He mentioned in the review that he liked the speakers and almost took some other stuff while he was in the guy's place. I pointed this out to Epinions and they pulled the review.

Well it seems he just moved into the house and he bought the house with stuff leftover in it from previous owner. He has sent me pictures showing the displays come on sony receiver, the cassette deck, power distribution unit and mic mixer. He claims he did plug the speakers into the receiver and turn on the tuner and sound came out of both of them. It also includes a audio equipment rack that is on wheels.

If you've ever rented housing to the public you would know people leave everything imagineable behind. Items worth much more than that stuff. I recall once many years ago my family rented a house to a couple that left most everything except small personal stuff. They even left their silverware in the drawer. Commercial property is even worse. At times you can rent commercial properly and pay 6 months of rent by selling the left behinds. I know of items such as ice machines, meat slicers, coolers, freezers, production equipment, etc. being left when moving out of commercial real estate. Keep your eyes open when cleaning up renters junk, there's all kinds of goodies out there.

Well I did manage to make it there and back in one piece. I am very sastified with the trip I did receive the following for my $100.

Klipsch kp-110 theater surround speakers

JVC Dual Cassette Deck with Dobly HX

ATA 8 Outlet Power Line Conditioner with rack illumination

Sony DE335 80x5 Dolby Pro Logic Receiver

Rolls Mic/Source Mixer

Rack/Cabinet On wheels

2 x 50 Foot monster cable speaker wires

So I'm very happy with the outcome I just do not want to drive that distance for at least another year.

I am not really worried about it. The guy was probably about in his early 70's and just wanted the space back in his garage. Nothing seemed out of place or fishy just an old farmer who's priorities are making sure his tractors are running and that his cattle are healthy.