Forte II's

I been seriously thinking that my next purchase will be a pair of Forte II's. Although ive never heard them id really appreciate some feedback from some of the forum members that own them. I think what I like best about floor speakers is the ones that can bring some deep flat bass response. With the 15 inch passive radiators im thinking these are awesome...

Any feedback is appreciated

Monty

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I think you would like them, a very well balanced speaker with a nice midrange horn on the ll model. To me it's almost a perfect speaker considering the size and performance, much smaller than the Cornwall with everything the Cornwall has but with less bass but possibly tighter bass. IMO...but I am partial to them. [:D]

The only thing I don't like about the Forte ll is the passive radiator, not how it works but that it can't be replaced. No original parts to be had unless you could figure out the specs to find a replacement ???

I love the forte II, there is a method of protecting your PR once you get them.

I'd bet Klipsch could make the passives up. Some part numbers have an M after them which means they don't keep them in stock but manufacture them out of parts in stock. That might be a possibility.

They're not the biggest speaker Klipsch made but they keep up with some of the big dogs very easily. The rear passive radiator does make placement somewhat tricky. It takes some experimenting getting them situated just right where they blend with the room but once set up properly they are amazing speakers.

They seem to be more forgiving as to what you use for amplification, which is good. They sound good with almost anything used as a receiver/amplifier so you won't have to spend tons of money swapping out amps until you find the perfect match.

If you're patient you can find a pair in nice condition for around $300 which considering what you're getting is pretty much a no-brainer as to whether or not to buy them!

I really love the Forte II's, as a former Heresy II->III owner, I enjoy the really powerful (compared to the Heresy) tight bass and great sound stage afforded by that tremendous midrange horn. I have BC titanium tweeters, so all is good here.Yea, it does give the Cornwall II a run for the money, it seems to have been priced at a midpoint between the Cornwall II and the Heresy II.Personally, I wish they still made the Forte II, I like irt better than most of the RF and SF stuff.

The only thing I don't like about the Forte ll is the passive radiator, not how it works but that it can't be replaced. No original parts to be had unless you could figure out the specs to find a replacement ???

Not true, dtel. Somebody recently offered an inexpensive pair of Forte IIs on Craigslist, but with a torn radiator. I called Klipsch parts, and they do stock them. They were pricey, however, which made the speakers only a decent deal, and I don't "need" anymore speakers unless they are too cheap to pass up. They can be had for a premium. I think $130, each, was the quote I was given.

• Moderators

I protect my PR's with metal mesh grills for car stereo speakers....

I really need to do that but I would need 6, just been putting it off.

To bad your not in Florida there is a cheap pair right now in the garage sale section.

I protect mine with just one look.

I like that! I've used my Fortes for DJ'ing a couple dances and inevitably there's kids that are always messing around by the speakers and on the stage. Only takes one look for them to realize they're in serious trouble if they do anything stupid.

I love my Forte HT system. Be aware that the only officially-designated-by-Klipsch matching center, if you decide to build an HT system around them, is the elusive Academy. Fortes were made for several years, but the Academy was made only for three years, if I recall correctly. Thus, not a huge number were sold, to be available in the current used market. If you have the space, another Forte or Quartet makes for a great center, and are much more frequently available on the used market. In the last few years, Academys have sold for as much as $600+, to a low of about $300. If you see one, snap it up, even if you don't have immediate plans for a Forte HT.

• 2 weeks later...