Decided on a new TV! **Arrived today - pic attached

wuzzzer

Top Notch, I have started a half hearted search myself. I really like the new 55 Samsumg led TVs so far.

My Sony Optic block went out so I just bought the new samsung 55" LED 7000. It looks great. its alittle smaller that my 60" Sony rear projection. But 60"+ lcd's are a little to pricey for me right now. Sorry I have not been on here to post in awhile it is very busy in the summer for me.

Top Notch, I have started a half hearted search myself. I really like the new 55 Samsumg led TVs so far.

I am with you, but I love being able to put my RC-7 along with all of my components on top of my Mits 65909 and don't look forward trying to fit everything back in the same general space when I upgrade my monitor. [^o)]

Btw, nice TV Wuzzer.

My Sony Optic block went out so I just bought the new samsung 55" LED 7000. It looks great.

I'm getting curious about those Samsung LED units, too. Have you got yours all dialed in yet, or did it look great right out of the box?

Hi wuzzer.

I noticed that you have replaced the fortes diaphragms with titanium.

Did you hear a big difference? Do you like them a lot better than the originals?

The titanium diaphragms were a very noticeable upgrade. I always felt the Forte IIs had a dynamic and smooth midrange but the factory tweeter had a slight edginess to it. Its hard to describe sound in words but to my ears the sound coming from the tweeters is more detailed and smooth. Very easy install to do and well worth the $60.

Here's my initial post and observations:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/117524/1184943.aspx#1184943

• 3 weeks later...

Ok....ordered them from Bob Crites, received them in record time. The installation went perfect. Everyones comments on these diaphragms is right on. Crystal clear, SMOOOOOTH. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade.[:D][Y]

(I replaced the Academy, and the Chorus' with these)

Take care all

Mike

(By the way....THANKS wuzzer)

Well, no issues at turn-on or setup. Whew! The picture is unbelievable! Its only 9" larger than our old TV and I thought there wouldn't be a very noticeable size difference but its very obvious that its a larger set.

When I moved from 35" tube Mitsu (4:3 ratio) to 42" Samsung plasma (16:9 ratio), I calculated the USABLE screen for movies as increasing by 174%! That is because with the 4:3 tube, watching movies was letterboxed so tight that the 'screen' was only about 12" tall.