I did it! I am now a KLIPSCH Owner!!!

BHZ Boy

I just came home a few hours ago with my first Klipsch - KLF-10s (still managed to find a pair - last ones too). Also, bought a KLF C-7 center, RS3's for rears, and an LF-10 sub. Great prices on everything too - KLF10s for $600, KLFC7 for $327, RS3s for $320, and the LF10 for $469 - a total of $1716!

What a treat! Like hearing everything for the first time. I am sure a longer post will be upcoming soon, but for now just wanted to let you all know that I did it!

Now, I need everyone's congrats, kudos, welcome, etc.!!!

I probably, like many of you, just started a new addiction. Soon I will be upgrading, and upgrading, etc...

This message has been edited by BHZ Boy on 03-05-2002 at 10:42 AM

Congrats on making it from the theoretical questions side of the horn world of Klipsch...

While "virtual Klipsching" can be fun outside of speaker wire issues... nothing beats the reality of exploring your first set of "in the house" horns... particularly if they are from Klipsch!

Horns are the sonic rifles in a world of audiophile shotguns. Setting them up requires careful aiming to shape the soundstage in the sweetspot. Most Klipsch detractors have never heard their horns set-up correctly... particularly when it comes to adjusting for the acoustics character of the listening space. When they do they readily become converts... at least that's what's happened to those who venture through my HT. Yes, my local authorized Klipsch dealer always breaks into a "prosperous smile" upon my entry.

Horns need to be fed the good stuff... because their revealing nature will expose every weak link in your audio chain... and as your audio links improve... that penultimate of sound, the Klipsch loudspeaker... will repay you with an enhanced performance... until listening to your rig becomes a "near religious" experience... your own BHZ Boy Festival of Subjective Pleasures.

Why penultimate? Because the ultimate arbiter of sound is between your ears... Psychoacoustics is the generator of comedy, tragedy, romance & adventure in the "Theater of Your Mind."

Support Mental (Theater) Health... pick something from the Fred Klipsch slate, surround it with the good stuff, and enjoy the "War & Peace" of Mind.cwm9.gif HornEd

------------------

HORNED'S EIGHT THEATRICAL LEGENDS,

FIVE+ MUSICAL HERITAGES & A ROADIE...

SETTING THE "THEATER OF THE MIND" STAGE...

KLF 30's: Left Main, Center Main, Right Main

KLF C7's: L & R Front Effects on 5' sand filled columns

KLF 30's: Left Surround, Rear Effects, Right Surround

Twin SVS CS-Ultra SubTower, Samson Megawatt Amp

KLIPSCH SPEAKER SUPPORT SYSTEMS:

Bass friendly, oversized, glove-leather LazyBoy Recliners

Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65", Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

Toshiba Pro Scan 6200, Toshiba Pro 6-head SVHS W808

CHANNELING THE MUSIC EXPERIENCE FROM 2 TO 6!

'97 Klipschorn - Mains, '99 Klipsch Belle - Center

'83 Cornwall - Surrounds, '95 Academy - Rear Effects

Walnut w/ Cane Grilles. Final Amps, etc. undetermined

THE MOVEABLE (EAR) FEAST...

Klipsched Class "A" Motorhome... an acoustics challenge

vandalized... but soon to be "On the Road Again!" Willie.

BHZ,Welcome Cool.gif

Have fun here.

Hey HornEd,why not look into Aragon.I hope to see it my future some day soon

Wink.gif

------------------

Main HT:'77 Klipschorns w/ALKs,'75 Heresy center,modified with,K-Horn sqauwker & AA network.

KSP-S6 at sides 2 KSP-S6's rear.

Denon AVR-3801,2 Denon POA-2800 200X2,1 driving the Horns&1 driving the bi-wired Heresy center.

2 DIY 12"4ohm subs,Carver A500x 400 watts per ch.feed.

Sony DVP-C650D,Dishnetwork Echostar 4700 w/DD,JVC S7600U S-VHS,Pioneer CDL-D501 laser

Music in "Direct"only!

DH Labs T-14 speaker wire to the front 3.

Room size;15.5 X 25' opening into dining room.

Old RCA 52"RPTV w/matching cabinets

Bed room HT:

KSB 2.1 mains,SC-1,SS-1's,2 SW 8 II subs.

Cornwall Is for music only

Denon AVR-2800,

Dishnetwork,Sony SLV-975HF VCR,Panasonic DVD-RV31.'90 27"RCA

This message has been edited by Steve P on 03-03-2002 at 09:54 AM

(I posted this originially as a 'new post' - I meant to add it to this string as a "reply" - forgive me for reposting it - you can tell I am new!)

Sonic Nirvana.... Ahhhhhhh...

Thank you all for your kind "welcome comments" - you guys seem like a great group! I'll be sure to keep coming back to the board.

To the question of the KLF C-7 - I got it at www.onecall.com for $325-ish plus shipping - came out to like $350 or so with shipping. They are new, and just have black left. I felt lucky to be able to find it.

I haven't even started tweaking the position as the "install" guys come tomorrow for the rears and to move the DISH jack. After I get it all repositioned, I will begin tweaking the position. But, having never dome that, where do I go for helpful hints on how to begin repositioning - or is it just a trial and error thing?

Once again, thanks for all the welcomes - I do appreciate it.